Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Boo! Fun Fold Card

 Hello & Happy Tuesday!

Yesterday was a gorgeous day and it was nice having the windows open and letting in some fresh air. Red Lion also had their Halloween Parade but i'm not so sure they actually held it because shortly after it started the skies opened up and it thunder stormed like crazy! Then it just rained most of the night and got much cooler.

So today I have a cute Halloween card to share!
I have never made this style of card before because it looked complicated and since getting older I don't care much for complicated. LOL
Yesterday I thought I was going to give this a try and again I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was!




Here is a link to the Stampin Up Demo that had a picture tutorial on how to make this style of card. Stampin w/ Eva

So fun and so easy!
We have 5 days until Halloween and all my cards have been made, addressed and sent out! I will keep this one for next year or maybe give to my hubby since he loves Halloween, too!

I started with a cardbase of Basic Black then added a layer of Highland Heather that I ran thru the Big Shot with the Tasteful Textile 3D EF. Before I added the Highland Heather panel I had to chose my DSP, cut & score it. Pay attention to the direction of your DSP when scoring it!! Once that step was completed I adhered the DSP to the back on my Highland Heather cardstock and glued it all down. I would suggest to make sure you take your bone folder over those creases so it lays flat. 
Next I diecut my Pumpkin Pie & Basic White panels with the Seasonal Layers Dies. I took the Pumpkin Pie layer and added the Adorning Designs Decorative Masks over my cardstock and I used a Blending Brush to sponge on some Pumpkin Pie ink. This is the first time I ever used the Blending Brushes and are they ever nice!!! The Adorning Designs Decorative Masks have 4 different stencils in it. I chose the one that looks like little diamonds. I honestly cant wait to play more with these masks now that I finally took that leap! 
They are from the Stampin Up! Holiday Mini Catalog on page 9 if interested!
Once that was done I stamped my Boo image on the Basic White layer with Highland Heather ink and punched a ghost from the Cute Halloween DSP using the Halloween Punch. I adhered my 2 Seasonal Layers Dies to each point on the DSP carefully as you don't want it to glue to the embossed Highland Heather layer,
I added some Rhinestones because you just have to have some sparkle and a White Glittered Ribbon bow! 

Another fun fold card for you to try!
I promise, your going to love it!

Card Details:

Stamps: Thinking Thanks & Peace
Ink: Highland Heather, Pumpkin Pie
Cardstock: Basic Black, Highland Heather, Pumpkin Pie, Basic White, Cute Halloween DSP
Accessories: Tasteful Textile 3D EF, Seasonal Layers Dies, Adorning Designs Decorative Masks, Halloween Punch, Blending Brushes, White Glittered Ribbon, Glue Dots, Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

I hope you like this one!

πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»

My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & enjoy your day!
~Wendy




1 comment:

Carol L said...

Those little ghosties holding the treat bags are too cute for words! I love this layout design and especially the wonderful lavender colored cardstock (that I completely missed out on) LOL