Sunday, October 10, 2021

Wedding Card

 Hello & Happy Sunday!

This morning it's a dreary, rainy start to the day!
I hope to get back to my stamp table this afternoon.
I made 2 packs of Thanksgiving cards yesterday for my card lady and I hope today to get back to some treats. Her family always does big holiday dinners and she likes to have those little treats to put at each persons table setting.
No football for our team today as they play Monday Night Football this week so this will give me sometime to go get inky!

Today I have a wedding card to share with you!
I don't make this kind of card very often but my card lady has a friend who's grandson is getting married on Oct 30th and asked for a card for it.
I pulled out lots of products that are long retired but perfect for a wedding card.



I started with a cardbase of Shimmery White cardstock that I have had for years.
I remember Stampin Up! bringing it back several years ago because I have a newer pack of it, unopened. I was thinking that at one point they have coordinating envelopes that were the same and I looked thru my stash of envelopes and did not find any so i'm not so sure on that.

Anyways, I love the shimmer this cardstock has to it and it adds just alittle bit of sparkle to the card. Next I used a layer of retired Grapefruit Grove cardstock that I diecut with the Basic Borders Die. They are in the current Stampin Up Annual Catalog.
Next I pulled out a piece of the retired Petal Promenade DSP from a few years ago and also diecut this with the same die to give it a fancy scalloped edge. 
This package of DSP is so pretty & very elegant....wedding worthy!
The sentiment is from the retired Beautiful Bouquet stamp set that was stamped with Grapefruit Grove ink onto the Shimmery White cardstock.
I pulled out the Hippo & Friends Dies to diecut the 2 layered sentiment panels.
Lastly, I added some Grapefruit Grove Grosgrain Ribbon that I tied a big loopy bow with and added a few rhinestones.
Quick & easy! I love that the paper does all the work!

Card Details:

Stamps: Beautiful Bouquet (retired)
Ink: Grapefruit Grove (retired)
Cardstock: Shimmery White (retired), Grapefruit Grove (retired), Petal Promenade DSP (retired)
Accessories: Basic Borders Dies, Hippo & Friends Dies, Grapefruit Grove Grosgrain Ribbon (retired), Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

******************************************************
My thoughts today...


This is such a pretty Fall picture!
Our leaves have not changed here in South Central PA yet but you can see some glimpse's of them starting. It won't be long!

Thanks for stopping by & have yourself a nice day!
~Wendy






1 comment:

Carol L said...

I too have this stamp set and love the wedding sentiments for cards! This is so pretty with the subtle shimmer and great colors! Perfect for an autumn wedding!