Friday, February 17, 2023

Coffee & A Mystery Card

Hello & Happy Fri-YAY!

Yesterday afternoon I took part in a Facebook Live to create A Coffee & A Mystery Card with Kitchen Table Stamper. I usually just watch but yesterday my hubby came home from work around noon and went to bed. More about that at the bottom. Marisa from Kitchen Table Stamper posts on Wednesdays what supplies and measurements we need to play along as she gives us clues. I hurried and got my supplies cut, scored and ready to make a card while she was Live. So while she was giving us clues, I got Clue #6 finished and my phone rang. It was Audrey so I immediately took the call. Once we were done chatting the Facebook Live was over so I had to go back to see what the last several clues were to finish up my card. It was an Accordion Fun Fold card and while I had no clue what it was when we were getting our supplies ready I was surprised with the outcome!

Here is the Clue # 1 and what we needed to play along...


And my card sample...




It was a bit tricky to get a good picture of it but I was definitely happy with the outcome!
The bottom picture shows what it's like when it lays wide open.

Card Details:

Stamps: Very Best Occasion
Ink: Blackberry Bliss
Cardstock: Fresh Freesia, Basic White, Favored Flowers DSP (SAB 23)
Accessories: Stylish Shapes Dies, Circle Layering Framelits, In Color Dots, Fresh Freesia Ribbon, Simply Scoring Tool, Dimensionals, Stampin Seal Adhesive

Favored Flowers DSP is a SaleABRation offering going on now. I only recently got this paper and wasn't very keen on the dark images but decided to give it a shot. I was pleasantly surprised by the finished product and while I do not have the bundle that goes with this paper I decided to fussy cut a flower from the paper to place on my card.

Marisa's card was super cute when she showed us hers!
She did it with the Taco Fiesta set! Her coloring was spot on and might I add that it was bright & colorful! So yesterday, this girl learned another fun fold and just loved it!


So about my hubby....He has Restless Leg Syndrome and has had it for many, many years.
Wednesday Night his legs did not calm down at all for him to sleep. He had his medicine in plenty of time before going to bed but it did nothing. He was up all night without a wink of sleep. Got dressed and went to work on Thursday but by noon time he could barely keep his eyes open (plus add in that it was dreary and raining). He came home, grabbed a sandwich and took his leg medicine and went to bed. It was actually a great day for sleeping since it was raining. I hope today he is feeling refreshed and ready to tackle whatever comes his way! His Restless Leg is to the point that it is really bad and he's on a medicine that is the highest dose (Mirapex). Then add Gabapentin with it and it still did not work. Sadly, Kelsey has inherited this, too. She says she would not wish it on her worst enemy. It's horrible.
Shawn applied to be seen at John Hopkins in Baltimore but he got word back that they are not taking any new patients. Not sure what the next step will be. Most regular family doctors are not sure how to treat it and there are millions of people out there that have this. 

*****************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & make it a great day!
~Wendy




1 comment:

Carol L said...

This card is just drop-dead GORGEOUS! I LOVE the colors, papers, fold design and every single element you added to it! I absolutely LOVE it! I'm so sorry to hear about Shawn's RLS and hope he's able to find help for it! It sounds crazy, but a person I know had that at one time and her Dr told her to put a bar of unwrapped Irish Spring soap under the base sheet in her bed when she sleeps and it worked to stop her leg pain! Hoping you find help for him soon - that's just the pits! Try to have a good weekend in spite of this gloomy, chilly weather!