Friday, February 10, 2023

Valentine's Day Fun Fold

 Good Morning & Happy Fri-YAY!

Today I am sharing the 5th card from last Saturday's Stamp Day w/ Friends get together.
This was the last card I created for that event and a fun one, too!
I saw a card on the Facebook Stampin Up! Demonstrator page which did not give the measurements so I sat and played with it until I got it to look like the card that was shown. The sample used the Thanks A Bunch stamp set which is a SaleABRation stamp set and I used the Country Bouquet stamp set to create a Valentines Day card for the girls. I don't know if there is a particular name for this fun fold but I called it a Flip Flap Fun Fold. Say that 5 times! LOL






This was a hard one to get a good picture of! 
If you look at picture #4 you will get the idea of how this card looks when opened.

The girls loved making this one as it is easier than it looks!
The hearts & leaves on the front were punched out of the Country Lane Floral DSP using the Country Bouquet Punch. That also made it easier and much quicker. 
I will be using this fun fold again at another of our get togethers soon! 
 
I will list the measurements down below if you interested in trying your hand at making one.

Card Details:

Stamps: Country Bouquet, Inky Antics (inside sentiment)
Ink: Sweet Sorbet
Cardstock: Sweet Sorbet, Pale Papaya, Basic White, Country Lane Floral DSP
Accessories: Country Bouquet Punch, Stylish Shapes Dies, Circle Layering Dies, Iridescent Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


Flip Flap Fun Fold Card:

Card base measures 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4.
On the front panel you want to cut on the diagonal from the scored fold at the top to the opposite corner on the bottom.
The inside flap measures 3 1/4 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4.
Decorate as you please and have fun!

Hope you will give this a try!

**********************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy



3 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is a fabulous fold, I love it! Saving this for future reference. Such a pretty Valentine's card!

Carol L said...

Thanks for sharing the measurements for this fabulous fun fold card! I absolutely love it! All my cards always seem to be the routine fold, so it's high time I mix things up and do some fun folds! Thanks for the inspiration!

D'Ann said...

I've never seen this type of card before! Love it's symmetry and will give it a try. :)