Monday, March 1, 2021

Daffodil Cards

 Hello & Happy Monday!

Happy March 1st!!!

I hope you all had a nice weekend!
It was a quiet one here with rain most of the time.
The snow is melting slowly and we are seeing more & more green grass popping thru everyday!
Spring is coming!

This past weekend I worked on my Easter Treats that my card lady and her friend ordered.
We also finished watching a series on Netflicks called The Witcher.
This series is definitely not for kids as the language, nudity & gore were thru the roof!
It reminded me of The Lord of the Rings Trilogy if you've ever seen them but add in all 3 things I said above.
There is suppose to be a 2nd season of it but so far nothing has come out.

Today I have 1 last pack of cards to share that I made for my card lady's last order.
She wanted a set of Daffodil cards with no sentiment on.
You would think since she requests these kind of cards quite often that they would come easy to me but I still struggle with them. This is what I made for her...








The daffodil images are from the retired You're Inspiring stamp set.
I love this set and will never part with it!
I stamped my images on the Whisper White cardstock using my Stamparatus.
The Whisper White cardstock was already diecut using the Nature's Thought's Dies.
I stamped it with Memento Black and colored with my Daffodil Delight & Granny Apple Green Stampin Blends.
My cardbase is Daffodil Delight with a Whisper White Layer then a 2 x 5 inch piece of retired Gingham Gala DSP. I still have half a package of that DSP left that I am trying to use up.
Then I added my daffodil image to the card with Dimensionals and a few rhinestones to finish them up!


Card Details:

Stamps: You're Inspiring (retired)
Ink: Memento Black, Daffodil Delight & Granny Apple Green Stampin Blends
Cardstock: Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Gingham Gala DSP (retired)
Accessories: Nature's Thoughts Dies, Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


My card lady loved them as she always tells me when she looks thru them!
I have been making cards for her for about 8 years now and she has only ever said once that there was something she did not care for.
 In that amount of time I have learned what she likes and most times she requests some sort of flowers!
Thankfully I have many flower stamp sets!

*************************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy



4 comments:

LeAnne said...

These are lovely! You had me at the Buffalo Plaid background!

Carol L said...

These are just beautiful! I love that daffodil image and how you colored it and the plaid gingham is just gorgeous! The slight tilt of the image panel is really eye catching too! This is such a warm nod to spring which is just ahead!

Vicki Burdick said...

Beautiful!!! Perfect spring card!!!

Janice M said...

Love Daffodils!! You make me want to dig out one of my sets and color them up and make some cards! They look good paired with gingham!