Thursday, March 18, 2021

Daffodil Note Cards

 Hello & Happy Thursday from a very rainy, dreary Pennsylvania!

I won't complain as we could really use the rain!
I got my big card order all finished and delivered yesterday to my card lady and she was grateful for all the cards & treats! She loved it all! Only thing that she was upset about is that she forgot to order birthday cards! I told her to let me know what she needed and I would get them to her next week! I always have extra's on my card rack that I can take to her so it's not a problem!

One of the packs of cards she specifically asked for was some note cards.
She uses these for any occasion that might pop up that she does not have a card for.
And she wanted daffodils on them! Since Stampin Up! has nothing current with daffodils I pulled out my retired You're Inspiring stamp set and colored up all those pretty flowers. My hands were not happy but we got it done!







Lots of layers on these but they were fun to create except for all that coloring!
I started with a Bumble Bee cardbase then another layer of Bumble Bee cardstock that I ran thru the Big Shot with the Tasteful Textile 3D EF. I know your probably thinking....is that the only embossing folder you own! LOL It is my absolute favorite as it adds nice texture to my cards with out it standing out too much or bulking up my cards.
Next I added a layer of Ornate Gardens DSP and then a piece of Basic White cardstock that I ran thru the Big Shot with the Ornate Layers Dies. I love how these diecuts stand out and all the intricate shapes.
Next I stamped my daffodil images on Basic White cardstock with Memento Black in and colored with Stampin Blends. I diecut them out with the Oval Layering Framelits and layered them onto a Bumble Bee Scalloped Oval Framelit that I popped up with Dimensionals. 
Lastly, I added my Bumble Bee Gingham Ribbon bow with glue dots and finished them up!

In case you noticed, I finally used the last package of Whisper White cardstock on my cards yesterday and moved on to the Basic White cardstock. I honestly could not tell a difference between the 2. Both diecut nicely and both do very well with coloring with the Stampin Blends. 

Card Details:

Stamps: You're Inspiring
Ink: Memento Black, Stampin Blends
Cardstock: Bumble Bee, Basic White, Ornate Gardens DSP
Accessories: Ornate Layers Dies, Tasteful Textile 3D EF, Oval Layering Framelits, Bumble Bee Gingham Ribbon, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


This set took while to complete with all the stuff I had to run thru the Big Shot but they turned out pretty nice! Very pleased with them!


**********************************************************
My thoughts today...


I won't be playing in the puddles today but I will be catching my breathe after a few weeks of working on Easter treats and a big card order! 
How do you spend a rainy day?

Thanks for stopping by & have an amazing day!
~Wendy




2 comments:

Carol L said...

These are just lovely with the pretty coloring of those flowers and that gorgeous die-cut in white! Your card lady must be adored by the post office with all the cards she sends, but what a wonderful soul to be so kind to so many! You're a sweetie to make them all for her too :) I tried to catch up on missed sleep today since the time change, but it didn't happen :( I vegged in front of the tv most of the day.

Vicki Burdick said...

Adorable!!!