Saturday, July 2, 2022

Cottage Wreaths

 Good Morning & Happy Saturday, Everyone!

I hope your all having a safe & happy July 4th weekend here in the US!

We took Kelsey for some blood work first thing in the morning then decided to go do a little shopping. I got myself a new pocketbook that is much bigger than the one I have now. I may be able to fit the kitchen sink in it! LOL I am not usually one to carry a pocketbook but I am trying to do it more & more when we are out & about. We also hit the Home Goods, Marshall's & TJ Maxx stores. Kelsey found some Halloween Rae Dunn already. Shawn grabbed a Rae Dunn mug that says Grillin & Chillin because he is the grill master! I picked up a few decorations for the house once I take down all my patriotic things. I do have pictures of my July 4th stuff that I will share with you tomorrow.

Anyways, let's get to the next Christmas card to keep us cool while it's so muggy out!
This card uses a new stamp set that can be versatile with holidays or occasions called Cottage Wreaths. It was a set that was on my 1st preorder. I guess I am a sucker for wreaths as I grow older. It is on page 59 of the July-December Mini Catalog and there are a few samples of it throughout the catty as well.





Besides yesterday's Christmas Scottie stamp set, this one is my absolute favorite, too!
I used more of the Sweetest Christmas DSP and kept my wreath & ribbon the same colors as the paper. I stamped a wreath on the inside in the upper right hand corner just for interest.
I see so many people decorate the inside of their cards and I seldom do so I am just as pleased with the inside as I am the outside. The saying I used inside is from a new stamp set that has a variety of sayings in for all occasions called Very Best Occasions. It comes with a punch which I opted out of and just ordered the stamp set. 
That saying is so nice for Christmas!

Card Details:

Stamps: Cottage Wreaths, Very Best Occasions
Ink: Garden Green, Real Red
Cardstock: Garden Green, Basic White
Accessories: Seasonal Layers Dies, Country Wreaths Dies, Red Rhinestones, Mini Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

***********************************************
My thoughts today...


Shawn is on vacation until July 11th.
We have no plans to go away but rather do a few things around the house.
Today he is tinkering with his car and I am going to my stamp table to work on some cards.
I guess you can say that I am hibernating from the heat!

Thanks for stopping by & stay cool!
~Wendy





2 comments:

LeAnne said...

So glad you scored some goodies on your shopping trip! And these cards are goodies too! I was bypassing that wreath, as I already have so many, but I do love how it looks on your card with the two tones of green! Just lovely!

Carol L said...

This card is just as fabulous inside as well as it is outside! I love the wreath and how you stamped it inside off-center - what a great look! Good job with those papers too, I just love diagonal stripes! Glad you had fun shopping and found some goodies. You always decorate your home beautifully for each special occasion - can't wait to see the red, white, and blue :)