Sunday, July 17, 2022

May Your Holidays Bloom

 Hello & Happy Sunday, Everyone!

I hope your having a good weekend!

I'm sorry for the late update today.
Poor Bailee has had the itchies the last week or so and then she was groomed yesterday.
Her groomer suggested some Benadryl until we can get her a Vet appointment. It seemed to help her some but I only gave her 1 dose yesterday afternoon and then she was awake scratching, itching and chewing half the night. I feel so bad for her as I know what it's like to have itchy skin with my Psoriasis. The groomer bathed her in oatmeal shampoo in hopes that it would help her some. I sure hope Shawn can get her in to be seen ASAP on Monday. She only ever had an itchy episode a few years ago and I rubbed her skin with organic coconut oil which helped her and took the itchies away. I tried it again last Tuesday but it did not help.

I have a pretty poinsettia card to share today that I made with the retired Poinsettia Petals stamp set. I loved this set and will continue to use it even if it was retired!





Card Details:

Stamps: Poinsettia Petals
Ink: Poppy Parade, Just Jade (retired)
Cardstock: Just Jade (retired), Poppy Parade, Basic White, Flowers for Every Season DSP (retired), Iridescent Paper (retired), Gold Foil Paper
Accessories: Poinsettia Dies, Stitched So Sweetly Dies (retired), Festive Pearls, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


Have you started working on your Christmas cards yet?
I know summertime can be a busy time with family, vacations and yardwork but now is the perfect time to get them started especially since it's too hot to be outside! I find that making my holiday cards over the summertime makes it easy and lessens the stress of the holidays.  I will be so happy that my cards will be ready to address and mail out after Thanksgiving! That is a first for me! 

*******************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy






4 comments:

D'Ann said...

Beautiful card, Wendy! I always love your poinsettia cards. Love the gold and the little bits of sparkle! I hope Bailey gets to be seen soon. It is miserable when you're itchy! I haven't made any cards yet but may try to do one this evening. Thanks for sharing! :)

Carol L said...

That is one gorgeous eye-popping poinsettia! I LOVE this card with those great colors and papers, but that flower just blows me away! So sorry for your poor doggie itchies - I hope the vet can give her something to ease the problems! You feel so helpless watching your pets suffer and I know what that's all about unfortunately. Enjoy your Sunday!

LeAnne said...

I will keep this stamp set and die too! Gorgeous creation....it looks REAL! Poor Bailee, I hope you can find a solution for her itchies!

Vicki Burdick said...

This is a beauty, you know I LOVE that big ol' poinsettia!!