Thursday, March 2, 2023

Thinking of You Set

 Good Morning & Happy Thursday!

Yesterday turned out to be a busy day and I ended up going to bed early last night and sleeping in this morning. It's kind of a dreary morning here as we had some rain go through during the night. The sun is to shine later so I'm hoping that gets me motivated! I was at the dentist for quite awhile yesterday, longer than I anticipated. I had a tooth refilled and got fitted for a new crown. I love that the fillings are not silver anymore! I had some discomfort as soon as the numbing meds wore off and took some Advil to help with that. Today my gums are sore and still a bit achy but i'm hoping that will get better as the day goes on. I return in 3 weeks for my permanent crown then start the process of getting fitted for another crown in April. Yes, that is why I joke with Shawn about having a million dollar smile! It seems all the crowns I have from many years ago have started to get food and stuff under them because they were not sealed properly. Technology has come along way since the early 90's and 2000's. 
Once we were finished at the dentist we ran to Giant, Sam's Club, Goodwill and Walmart. Shawn took the day off from work because he had an appointment for his next tattoo in the afternoon but it was canceled as his tattoo guy was sick. I really wasn't expecting to go out shopping but took advantage of it while he was off and we had nothing else planned. We ended our day watching the new season of The Mandalorian on Disney+. What a cliff hanger! LOL 

So, today I do have a set of Thinking of You cards to share that I made weeks ago. I figured eventually Audrey would ask for them but so far she hasn't. I used some pretty retired Rustic Harvest DSP and the Go To Greetings stamp set for these...






I am usually not one for black paper but this sheet is very striking with it's pops of Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry and Cherry Cobbler flowers! I thought they would make a beautiful set of Thinking of You cards and a great was to use up the rest of this DSP! I used 2 different prints from this pack and only added a simple greeting on the front. And if you know me, I always have to add some bling! These have just clear Rhinestones on.

Card Details:

Stamps: Go To Greetings
Ink: Basic Black Archival (retired)
Cardstock: Basic Black, Basic White, Rustic Harvest DSP (retired)
Accessories: Stitched Rectangle Framelits, Rhinestones, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

Quick & easy!

*******************************************
My thoughts today...


Agreed!
Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy




1 comment:

Carol L said...

Striking is the perfect word to describe those papers. I LOVE the colorful flowers against the black background! I just love when the paper does all the work for me - these are absolutely gorgeous cards! Poor you sitting in the dentist chair for so long yesterday, I don't envy you at all! Enjoy your day and happy hour too! Amen to that funny graphic! LOL