Thursday, July 20, 2023

Trucking Along & A Puzzle

 Good Morning & Happy Thursday!

It's been quite the week here at the Aungst Pad. 
I'm not sure if I mentioned that Shawn has been nursing a back/hip injury from the week he was on vacation. After a few days of pain he went to Urgent Care and was being treated for muscle spasms. Then Sunday he went fishing in Maryland and tripped on a tree root and ended up falling into a pond, dropping his phone in the water and hitting his knee on rocks. Now not only is he dealing with the back/hip thing, he now has been limping from his knee hitting the rocks. He has finally realized he's not 20 anymore and took the rest of the week off and is working from home until his issue gets under control. He said this morning that it's starting to feel better but with him trying to take it easy his Restless Leg has been thru the roof. Mind you, he is on the steroid, Prednisone and a muscle relaxer which you would think would keep his legs relaxed but it's having the opposite effect. Then yesterday his crown fell off when he was eating lunch so today he is headed to the dentist (AGAIN) to have it put back on. I tell you, you can't make this stuff up with him! I told him yesterday that I am going to start wrapping him in bubble wrap to leave the house. He just laughed.

So enough on life at the Aungst Pad....I have a really cool card to share with you today!
The beginning of July the Stampin Up! Online Exclusives hit. I ended up purchasing the Trucking Along Bundle because it was so dang cute! Yesterday I finally broke it out and had some fun with it. The stamp set has so many delightful sayings & images in it that can be used all year long. It also has a coordinating punch which makes things so much easier!
I made this card yesterday...



I made this for Shawn to match his new truck that he purchased about a month ago and also to cheer him up. I cannot to wait to use this set for some Christmas cards eventually!

Card Details:

Stamps: Trucking Along (Online Exclusive), Rays of Light
Ink: Azure Afternoon, Memento Black, Stampin Blends-Azure Afternoon, Basic Black, Smoky Slate
Cardstock: Azure Afternoon, Lemon Lime Twist, Basic White, Bright & Beautiful DSP
Accessories: Trucking Along Builder Punch (Online Exclusives), Metal Plate 3D EF, Tailored Tag Punch (retired), Tailored Made Tags Dies, Azure Afternoon Ribbon, Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

Adorable, right?

Also on Tuesday Kelsey & I wrapped up the puzzle that I started on Monday. It took 13 1/2 hours to complete it. When it was done we realized there was a piece missing. Now I have said that I got it from Goodwill. It was previously used and the box was all taped up. Kelsey asked if I was going to throw the puzzle away since it was missing a piece. I said no. I will hang on to it a bit then if the piece isn't found I will get rid of it. So before I tore the puzzle apart to put it away I pulled out the kitchen table and took the floor Swiffer over it to make sure it did not end up there. Sure enough....it was under the table on the floor upside down that it blended in with the color of the floor. Puzzle was then completed! WooHoo!


Another 1000 piece Christmas completed!
It is always so rewarding finishing up those last couple of pieces and standing back to admire it when completed! Next week we are going to try to start another one if time allows!

Thanks for hanging in there with me up to this point!
I had alot to share today! LOL

*****************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy








2 comments:

Carol L said...

I just love this card you made for Shawn with the little pick up truck! Those colorful stripes in that little piece of paper along with the embossed panel work perfectly with that great background! So sorry for Shawn's issues and mishaps - I hope soon his days will be brighter and healthier. Great work on that puzzle too - I used to do them all the time but I can't see the pieces anymore unless I stand up now, so I gave up that great hobby. Glad you found that missing piece too :)

LeAnne said...

This card is so cute! I love the background and hopefully it will make Shawn feel better...holy guacamole, he's been through a lot! Bubble wrap might be a good idea! And glad you found the puzzle piece..how frustrating that is! Our library rents puzzles now with your library card--I might just do that!