Monday, April 10, 2023

Sea Turtle HB

 Hello & Happy Monday!

I hope you all had a lovely Easter holiday!
We had a nice day especially with some gorgeous sunshine and slightly mild temps. I sat out on the back porch while Shawn was mowing and watched Bailee & Shady play in the yard. The sunshine certainly helps put a spring in the dogs step as well. I think Shady gets a bit depressed over the winter months with lack of sun, warmth and daylight and this kind of weather he loves! We had supper around 5 and just as we were finished Kelsey's day at the restaurant was done so she was able to get home and eat before we cleaned up. Then I watched a wonderful, heartfelt movie on the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Channel called The Blessings Bracelet. It was so good & definitely made you think about all the blessings we have in our lives! If you have a chance to watch it, please do so! 

Today it's back to work for Shawn and I am off to a slow start this morning. My hands for some reason are really bothersome. My plan is to put away all my Easter decorations and tidy up the storage room. I hope in a few months that Kelsey gets her own place so my storage room won't be so cluttered. Right before she moved home we did a good cleanout down there and took a truckload to the dump to get rid of stuff that we no longer used. It looked so good for about half a second until all her stuff got loaded in. 

The card I want to share today is made from a pretty cool stamp set. Sadly, there are no dies so I had to revert to fussy cutting and you know how much I don't like to fussy cut! I used a set from the January-April 2023 Mini Catalog called Sea Turtle. It's absolutely adorable!




This set is called a Reversable because it's a photopolymer set which means you can see thru the clear rubber but you can stamp with both sides of the stamp. One side has a fuller image and the other side has all the details. It's a little confusing but did not take long to figure it out. I love all things beachy since we went to the beach all the time. I have a large collection of all things beachy that I will always hang on too!

Card Details:

Stamps: Sea Turtle, Sending Smiles (sentiment)
Ink: Balmy Blue, Crumb Cake, Mint Macaron
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Mint Macaron, Basic White, By The Bay Specialty DSP
Accessories: Seashells 3D EF, Tailor Made Tags Dies, Night of Navy Ribbon, Linen Thread, Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

I am so pleased with this card and cannot wait to play some more with this stamp set!
Over the summer I usually do a set of beachy cards for a Stamp Day and I will be using this set for one of those cards! I think the girls will love it, too!

***********************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day!
~Wendy




1 comment:

Carol L said...

I'm glad you enjoyed a nice Easter with your family. All the preparation for the holiday and it's gone in just one day...sigh. Love this card with the turtle and how it makes me think also of the beach. Beautiful colors and great fussy cutting too! The inside is as nice as the outside! Fun card!