Monday, May 22, 2023

Awash In Beauty

 Hello & Happy Monday, Everyone!

Yesterday I took a break from blogging. It just wasn't in the cards to get a post done. Saturday, Shawn went on a charter boat out of Lewes, Delaware with a bunch guys from around the area. They went out at 4pm and the boat returned at 12 midnight to catch blackdrum fish in the Delaware Bay. Only 2 guys were fortunate to catch them and the rest left empty handed. I'm not sure Shawn fished all that much because he got sea sick. He even prepared for it with Dramamine. He still isn't sure why he got sick but I don't think he will be going out on a fishing boat for awhile. He said he still enjoyed it! So, it was 4 am Sunday morning until he got in, showered and crawled into bed. I was up half the night and couldn't sleep until he got in. Yesterday the day just dragged for us. He was up by 10 since he said "I have stuff to do". He tilled his garden, mowed the grass and put a big shelf together for his Star Wars collection and we were in bed by 8:30! I got the bedrooms cleaned while he was out mowing then sat on my glider the rest of the day. It was such a beautiful breezy day and it was just so peaceful sitting outside.

So, here I am today with a set of cards for Audrey.
Her last card order I decorated a small gift bag with some Awash In Beauty DSP that just retired. I bought the suite of products just a few months ago and never really used it much. She loved the bag and asked for a pack of cards made with the same paper but without a saying so she can use them for whatever occasion arises. This is what I made for her...





While I think this paper is gorgeous I found it difficult to use.
The prints and designs are so pretty that I just cannot cover it up.
It is a stand alone print that needs nothing but maybe a sentiment but she did not want one. This is most likely the easiest pack of cards to make for her! I only added 2 of the Brushed Brass Butterflies to each card. Those butterflies make such a nice addition to the paper and they are flat!!

Card Details:

Stamps: none
Ink: none
Cardstock: Balmy Blue, Awash In Beauty DSP (retired)
Accessories: Brushed Brass Butterflies, Stampin Seal +

The True Beauty stamp set that is in this suite of products is also very nice and full of beautiful floral images. I just found it a little tough to use the stamps with the paper. I have so many stamped images in a cello bag from this set that I will need to use up eventually. Maybe with some different papers! LOL I have some cleaning to finish up today so maybe this afternoon I can play with it a bit more. Shawn is working half a day today then going in for a tattoo. I think he said this will be the last one for awhile. He's getting the Statue of Liberty on his lower right arm. Rather him than me! Owwie!

********************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day!
~Wendy




1 comment:

Carol L said...

I would not know what to do with dsp like this, but the cards you made look gorgeous! You have a keen eye when it comes to using pretty paper! As for the fishing trip, I completely understand Shawn getting sea sick! I went on a fishing boat with Butch years ago and got so deathly sick with dry heaves I just wanted to die! I'm pretty sure I promised the captain I'd give him my first born son if he'd take me back to shore, but no dice LOL I had dizzy spells for 3 days afterward, so that ended my days of fishing and being on the water. LOL Enjoy this beautiful day!