Thursday, May 4, 2023

Taco Fiesta Stamp A Stack Card #2

 Good Morning & Happy Thursday!

All went well at my dentist appointment yesterday and he determined that my old crown should hold up until July when they can get me in to replace the broken one. He kinda suspects that it may have been already cracked by the way it broke. It was a clean break and not jagged. They put me on the ASAP List incase of a cancellation they will call me. Still have to be cautious with it and nothing hard to eat. The reason they put me on the ASAP List is because they are so crazy busy since the other dentist left at the end of December and a new dentist does not start until July. I also looked back to when this tooth had the root canal and crown put on and it was in July of 2000. The broken crown was on for almost 23 years! Although in my gripes I would think crowns should last a lifetime! 

This evening Shawn has his 6 month check up with his doctor. I finally got my results of my bloodwork from last week. She sent me my results and typed at the top....Test results look great! WooHoo! My A1C and Sugar Glucose has dropped and my Potassium level also improved. Was SO happy about that! I continue to keep myself away from taking diabetes meds and that is my goal!

Ok, enough on the chit chat....let's get to some stamping fun!
This is the 2nd card from The Kitchen Table Stamper's Taco Fiesta Stamp A Stack that she is sharing this week...






OMGosh, I just love the faces on the taco and avocado! Don't they make you smile?!
I did my Stamp A Stack a bit different than the original as I stamped some of the images directly on the Circle panel and fussy cut the taco and lime slice. Fussy cutting is not my thing so sometimes I do go the easy route. I put my sentiment on a Tailor Made Tags Die and added my ribbon. I also used Rhinestones on all my cards instead of the Iridescent Flat Pearls. So much fun!

Card Details:

Stamps: Taco Fiesta
Ink: Memento Black, Garden Green, Stampin Blends- Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Malon Mambo, Soft Suede, Pumpkin Pie
Cardstock: Crushed Curry, Basic Black, Basic White, Enjoy The Journey DSP
Accessories: Circle Layering Framelits, Tailor Made Tags Dies, Tasteful Textile 3D EF (retired), Black & White Gingham Ribbon, Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

Tomorrow I will share card # 3 which is perfect to end my Taco Fiesta celebration on Cinco de Mayo! I was going to suggest going out for Mexican for supper but after this past week of unexpected dentist/oral surgeon visits I think it's probably best to stay home and maybe try my hand at making our own fajita's! 
I hope your enjoying the Taco Fiesta Stamp A Stack so far!
Big Thanks to Marisa for always sharing & inspiring everyone to be creative!

********************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & enjoy your day!
~Wendy



2 comments:

LeAnne said...

So glad to hear that your doctor's visit went well..a big A plus for keeping away from those meds! I am impressed that your crown lasted so long, though! No bubble gum for you! Now, about the cards...I think I have been convinced that I should get this set, it's really so darn cute! You've pushed me over the edge!

Carol L said...

These cards are just as cute as the ones you shared yesterday! Great colors and great use of those paper pieces too! I'm glad your dental issues went well and congrats on a great report card from the doc! Keep smiling and enjoy the unexpected sunshine!