Sunday, May 7, 2023

Holy Guacamole!

 Good Morning & Happy Sunday!

I hope your enjoying your weekend!

Yesterday we had the nicest day in quite awhile! Beautiful blue skies and lots of warm sunshine. It was the perfect day! The last 2 weeks have flown by as there has been alot going on here. Shawn breaking a tooth, then a kidney stone, then oral surgery for him. Then me breaking a crown, doctor appointments for us both. Friday morning Kelsey got up with the stomach bug. I don't think I have ever seen her so sick. She couldn't keep anything in. Saturday she was atleast able to keep fluids & food in but still was plagued with a terrible headache. Friday night Shawn was up all night as his Restless Legs meds did nothing for him. Saturday, our butts were dragging from being up most of the night and it was such a beautiful day but neither of us felt like doing much. We muttled through our day and ordered a pizza for supper and went to bed way early (it was still daylight). Poor Bailee could hardly keep awake at the groomers yesterday. It's been crazy around here so I am hoping things will start to calm down!

This morning Shawn went fishing since it's a beautiful morning here. I slept in a bit longer than I wanted to but after the last 2 weeks....it felt good to do that! Kelsey is suppose to work later today so I hope she is feeling 100%.

Today I have yet another Taco Fiesta card to share with you!
I have come to love this stamp set and was thrilled that it carried over into the new Stampin Up! Catalog!



Recently I saw some cards that LeeAnne Greff shared using the Diorama Dies and making such colorful panels. I saved the post to use for future inspiration and a few weeks ago I finally was able to try my hand at it. I do love the rainbow of colors which I used for my yummy chips & guacamole! This stamp set was created by Erica Cerwin for her Million Dollar Achiever stamp set. She lives in Texas so how perfect is this set?!

Card Details:

Stamps: Taco Fiesta
Ink: Real Red, Memento Black, Stampin Blends-Granny Apple Green, Daffodil Delight, Real Red, Azure Afternoon
Cardstock: Real Red, Basic White, Granny Apple Green, Daffodil Delight, Azure Afternoon
Accessories: Stylish Shapes Dies, Circle Layering Framelits, Diorama Dies, Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

For my colorful panel I took scraps of Granny Apple Green, Daffodil Delight, Real Red & Azure Afternoon cardstocks that measured 1/2 inch and they were all different lengths. I layered them on a small piece of Basic White cardstock and adhered them down. I trimmed all the long edges off with scissors. I used one of the Diorama Dies to diecut my Basic White panel but I don't remember which one. I made sure that the die was small enough so the colorful piece would show thru. Turned out perfect!

***************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy



1 comment:

Carol L said...

What a great and fun way to use those colorful strips of paper we usually just throw away! That die-cut works so well with those cute taco-themed elements! So sorry your family has had so many issues this past week but hopefully all will be better in the coming week. last week wasn't so wonderful for me either, but today is a new day! Keep smiling!