Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Seasonal Sprays Meets Quiet Meadow

 Good Morning & Happy Wednesday!

Halfway thru the week already!

Wanted to give an update on Miss Bailee before I get to today's project.
Vet called and said she has no worms which is what I was thinking with her symptoms. She's had worms back in 2014 so we've been down that road before. They are not sure what has caused her GI issues in the last week but the meds and her bland diet is helping. We have not started the change over back to her normal food and will continue with her bland food diet a few more days.

My card that I am sharing today I made recently for a friend who recently lost her partner of many years. I haven't seen or spoken to her in quite a while but wanted to send a card to let her know we are thinking of her. I pulled out a couple of supplies and got started...




This is the wood mounted stamp set I started my card with.
Do you remember the Seasonal Sprays set?



I thoroughly enjoyed creating this card and used the Seasonal Sprays stamp set from 2000 and the Quiet Meadow bundle.  I started with the Daffodil Delight cardbase then a layer of Basic White that I embossed with the Pretty Flowers EF which just retired at the end of April. Next I took some Daffodil Delight DSP strips and layered them on top of my embossed panel. I'm not sure on the measurements as they were just scraps that I cut to fit. Next I stamped my pretty flower image from the wood mounted Seasonal Sprays set with Memento Black and colored my image with Stampin Blends. I diecut that out with the Stitched Rectangle Framelits that also just retired. I layered that piece with some Old Olive cardstock and adhered to my card. I took a scrap piece of Daffodil Delight and stamped my sentiment on in Old Olive ink and diecut it out from the Quiet Meadow stamp set & Meadow Dies. I added an Old Olive bow with a Glue Dot and lastly added some Brushed Brass Butterflies.

Card Details:

Stamps: Seasonal Sprays (retired), Quiet Meadow
Ink: Old Olive, Memento Black, Stampin Blends-Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie
Cardstock: Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Basic White, Daffodil Delight DSP (retired)
Accessories: Meadow Dies, Stitched Rectangle Framelits (retired), Pretty Flowers EF (retired), Old Olive Ribbon (retired), Brushed Brass Butterflies, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

I loved how this card turned out and hope that it comforted my friend during this difficult time.

************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy




1 comment:

Carol L said...

You have worked pure magic with those older stamps! I love how you colored them and added the tiny butterflies with a great embossed background! It's a beautiful card for such a sad occasion and aren't you glad you held onto these stamps for so long? Good news for sweet Bailee too, I'm glad she's feeling better. Have a great week ahead!