Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Teacher Retirement & Honoring Dad

 Good Morning & Happy Wednesday!

I hope that your having a great week so far!
I stamped 2 cards yesterday that I will share once I get the pictures snapped.
I went downstairs to play and pulled out old wood mounted sets that I enjoyed inking up again! Today I have a card to share though that I made recently for Audrey. She wanted a card for a teacher that was retiring after 40 years of teaching. 



Card Details:

Stamps: Harvest Hello, Charming Sentiments (Million Dollar Achiever Set)
Ink: Real Red, Granny Apple Green, Pecan Pie, Basic Black Archival (retired), Craft Whisper White
Cardstock: Real Red, Basic White, Basic Black, Granny Apple Green, Pecan Pie, Dream A Daydream DSP (retired Hostess)
Accessories: Apple Builder Punch (retired), Seasonal Layers Dies (retired), Stitched Rectangle Framelits (retired), Stylish Shapes Dies, Circle Layering Framelits (retired), Sponge, Red Rhinestones (retired), Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

I had a variety of things all over my stamp table when making this card. It was to the point that my ink pads got lost in the shuffle! LOL My card turned out pretty nice so it was all good and just another happy day in my stamp room!


Tonight we are heading out for supper in honor of my Dad. Today is 3 years since he passed away and every year on this date we go to the American Saloon to celebrate him. That was one of his favorite places to eat and he liked getting the Chesapeake Trio. There isn't a day that goes by that he is not on my mind and missed very much!! 
This is my way of honoring him and keeping his memory alive. 



*************************
My thoughts today...


~Wendy






2 comments:

Carol L said...

You have an amazing collection of stamps to create the perfect card for any occasion! This one for a retiring teacher is perfect with the big red apple and great background! I remember this photo of you and your dad, and I know he'll be right there beside you as you dine at his favorite place. Enjoy those wonderful memories of him. I'm sure he's watching over you every day :)

LeAnne said...

Audrey is so thoughtful to honor this teacher and I am sure your card will be appreciated! Have fun as you honor your dad...what a great way to do it!