Sunday, June 18, 2023

All The Love Fun Fold

 Hello & Happy Sunday!

Yesterday I spent the day at my stamp table working on a few projects and binge watching a Hallmark tv series called Chesapeake Shores. This show was on the Hallmark Channel for 6 seasons and I only ever seen the last season before they took it off the air. I enjoyed it and was bummed they canceled it. It also starred many actors from the channel and one was Treat Williams. He passed away last Monday in a motorcycle accident so Hallmark showed all of Season 1 in memory of him. It was so good to watch it from the beginning since i've never seen it. Kelsey showed me how to watch all of the seasons on On Demand/Comcast so that will be on my agenda the next several weeks. Anyways, I found a card on Pinterest that I wanted to learn how to make. It was created by Lisa Curcio. Here is a link to her blog that has a video tutorial on it incase you would like to make one, too! 

This fun fold has several layers so you may want to hand deliver it or check with the Post Office to see if more postage is needed but I promise you, this card will make someone smile once they open it! I pulled out the recently retired Butterfly Kisses Suite to make my card. I love the colors in the Butterfly Kisses DSP.






This card was tough to get a good picture because it does not stand up like a normal card. I'm sure once you watch the video you will see what I mean.

Card Details:

Stamps: Best Butterflies (retired)
Ink: Calypso Coral
Cardstock: Parakeet Party, Calypso Coral, Basic White, Butterfly Kisses DSP (retired)
Accessories: Stylish Shapes Dies, Circle Layering Framelits (retired), Build A Butterfly Dies (retired), Fun Flowers Resin Shapes (retired), Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

Last year when this set came out in the 2022-2023 Stampin Up Annual Catalog it was the first suite on my list and honestly I have not used it very often. It is full of different butterfly dies, sayings and that DSP just makes me happy! I may try this fun fold card with the stamp girls using this suite if I can design one alittle less complicated although it packs a nice punch. 

This card will be getting sent to my friend, Vicki, in the next several weeks. I am working on a care package for her with some snacks and maybe some things she may need once she is able to eat again and that will help her get thru her chemo & radiation which she will be starting in a few weeks. I haven't gotten any updates on her but she is in my prayers daily and I hope she is healing nicely.

**********************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day!
~Wendy






2 comments:

Carol L said...

This is such a beautiful card, and I really like that unique fold. TFS the link to make one. You always inspire me with your cards :) Vicki will enjoy this for sure. I'm glad she's doing so well all things considered. I just had to upgrade my tv box from Comcast and I need a tutor to teach me how to use On Demand now LOL It used to be so simple, and now I find it complicated as usual...........sigh.

JD/ Jill said...

What an amazing card! Very Nicely done.
I've been binge watching too... But the show that got my interest is "Heartland!"
Sorry to hear about your friend Vicki...I will also add her to my prayer list!