Friday, June 2, 2023

By The Bay Father's Day

 Good Morning & Happy Fri-YAY!

This week flew by so quick for a change. Today I have a pretty cool card to share that I made for Father's Day using the By The Bay Bundle. I know Father's Day is coming pretty fast so I knew I had to buckle down and start getting some cards made for on the card rack. The kids will be shopping soon for their cards so that was my thought process on this card. Shawn likes anything to do with the beach, ocean, fishing and his #1 love of cars! On this card I decided to use the crab and the sandpipers from the stamp set. 




I started with a cardbase of Night of Navy then a layer of Balmy Blue and a piece of By The Bay DSP. I stamped the crab on Basic White cardstock as well as the saying on the tag. I diecut the crab using the By The Bay Dies and the saying with the Tailor Made Tags Dies. I also cut a second tag out with Mint Macaron cardstock to layer under the other tag. I added a Night of Navy bow to my tag once I had them layered and adhere on to my card. I popped up the crab with a dimensional. I felt like the bottom of the card looked bare so I took the 3 little sandpipers and stamped them along the bottom of the card in Night of Navy ink. I know the one is hard to see. I finished this off with a few little Adhesive Backed Milky Dots. On the inside I stamped the crab beside the inside saying. I thought it looked pretty cool. This was the first time I played with this set and I really hope to play more with it now that summer has arrived!

Card Details:

Stamps: By The Bay, He's All That (saying)
Ink: Night of Navy
Cardstock: Night of Navy, Mint Macaron (retired), Basie White, Balmy Blue, By The Bay DSP (retired)
Accessories: By The Bay Dies, Tailor Made Tags Dies, Night of Navy Ribbon, Adhesive Backed Milky Dots, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

Stay tuned for more Father's Day/Masculine cards coming in the next couple of weeks. I got Audrey's card order finished and delivered to her so I will have the next few weeks to myself to stamp for fun. Oh and by the way....she loved the Baby & Wildflowers baby shower card as well as the Pink Teapot & Roses Bridal Shower card!! She was so thrilled with them and that made me happy!

*****************************************
My thoughts today...


Oh how I wish! I love the beach!

Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day!
~Wendy




1 comment:

Carol L said...

This is a great card for any dad who loves to be by the water! I really like how you stamped those little sandpipers on the papers too, that's a great little feature!