Saturday, June 3, 2023

Recipe Box Remake

 Hello & Happy Saturday!

A quick post this morning as I am off for a haircut appointment and grabbing a few things from Walmart while we are out.

The project that I am sharing with you today is one that I have been wanting to remake for sometime but time always got away from me. Recently I got my old recipe box out, tore the paper off of it and redid it. My lunch box is a tin that I bought from Oriental Trading years ago. I remember holding several classes with lots of friends to make them. Do you remember those tin boxes? They were quite the craze back then! I had put gingerbread paper on mine and have used that as my Recipe Box since. My kitchen is no longer decorated in gingerbread so it was time to change my box. Here is my redo...






Recipe cards fit this box nicely. I have some that are different sizes, too.
On the outside I used some black & white buffalo check paper from last year's Dream A Daydream DSP pack. It is now retired but it was a super huge pack. This was the last full sheet. I still have some scraps left to use for cards down the road which makes me happy!
My kitchen is done with the black & white buffalo check so that is why this paper was perfect! 
I decorated the outside using dies from the Radiating Stitches Dies and the letter diecuts are from the Alphabet A LA Mode Dies. They cut so nicely and before I put them thru the Stampin Cut & Emboss Machine I added my Adhesive Sheet to the back of my Basic Black cardstock so I did not have to worry about getting liquid glue everywhere. That Adhesive Sheet worked like a charm!
Lastly I added some of the Iridescent Rhinestones for some bling and lots of ribbon to the handle. I really love how it turned out!

Project Details:

Stamps: none
Ink: none
Cardstock: Basic Black, Basic White, Dream A Daydream DSP (retired hostess)
Accessories: Alphabet A LA Mode Dies, Radiating Stitches Dies, 1 3/4 Circle Punch (notch at the clasp), Various Ribbons, Iridescent Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Adhesive Sheets, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

I always said that'd I rather make 3D projects than cards!
They are so fun to make!

******************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & enjoy your day!
~Wendy





3 comments:

Carol L said...

I just love this little recipe box and how you made it over again with a fresh look to match your kitchen! I never saw one of these tins before but I do remember Oriental Trading, wow! That goes back a long time ago! The lettering is perfect and every recipe held in there is made with love I'm sure, so the hearts are a perfect addition! Great job on this one! I too would rather spend all day making boxes and treat containers over making cards, isn't that funny? LOL Love the graphic today as well, the simple things in life are what really matter to me now. Have a great weekend!

LeAnne said...

This is adorable! I LOVE it! My kitchen is decorated the same way---you're tempting me to try something like this!

jimlynn said...

Oh, I love your recipe box!! The black and white check is just so pretty for it. Love all the fun ribbon and rhinestones too. I remember those tins from Oriental Trading and have wished I'd bought them so many times.
Lynn