Thursday, June 29, 2023

Layering Leaves

 Hello & Happy Thursday!

Yesterday the smoke from the wildfires in Canada made it's way back into the air.
At first I wasn't sure if it was hazy or if it was smoke. Turned out it was the smoke. Our sky is so hazy looking that it makes it cloudy. It's really odd. I ended up turning the ac back on since it still felt stuffy out. You know it has to be bad for me to use the ac.

Today I have a busy day. 
Yesterday I worked on a few more card kits for future Stamp Day get togethers. I'm so excited to share these cards with the girls in July! We don't have a date set yet but it'll be soon!

The card I am sharing today I made with the Layering Leaves stamp set. It's a new set and it is a Million Dollar Achiever set by Rachel Tessman. It coordinates with the Bough Punch which I did not use on this card.




I started with a Fresh Freesia cardbase then a layer of Pretty Peacock cardstock. The paper is from the Masterfully Made DSP. There are some wild prints & patterns in this pack but boy do I like it!  I stamped my sentiment from the Layering Leaves stamp set in Berry Burst ink. I layered that on a Berry Burst scalloped circle. I found in my stash a roll of the Berry Burst Metallic Edged Ribbon so I used some and made a nice bow. Lastly, I added some clear Rhinestones for some sparkle. 

Card Details:

Stamps: Layering Leaves (Million Dollar Achiever Set)
Ink: Berry Burst
Cardstock: Fresh Freesia, Pretty Peacock, Berry Burst, Basic White, Masterfully Made DSP
Accessories: Circle Layering Framelits, Berry Burst Metallic Edge Ribbon (retired), Rhinestones, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

That is all for me today!
Hope you enjoyed today's card!

**************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by!
~Wendy







2 comments:

Carol L said...

You always manage to use those big bold printed designer papers so beautifully on your cards. I love this with the split panels re-aligned to one another! Very pretty card! I keep wondering how long these fires are going to continue burning uncontrolled? It's been weeks already with no end in sight unfortunately. Stay safe indoors until the air quality improves!

LeAnne said...

You are using these papers to their best advantage for sure! Love the rich colors and that ribbon---yummy! Thanks for my July 4th card too! I love that patchwork look and Cassidy was impressed as well!