Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Beautiful Balloons Fun Fold

 Hello & Happy Wednesday!

We are starting the day with clouds and possibly some rain this afternoon. We really do need more rain than we got last week. For being the first day of summer today it surely has not felt like it. It's been nice but on the cool side. I am not complaining one bit as I don't have to run to the AC or the heat and it's been comfortable to keep the windows open. In less than 2 weeks is the 4th of July and we've not really had much in heat & humidity so far. 

Today I have a super cool fun fold to share with you! I made this style of card many years ago and the other day I came across a card on Pinterest. So I decided to try my hand at making another one. I'm not sure what the name of the fun fold is. 








I'm going to call this my 3 Panel Slant Fold. They are so fun to make!

To make this you start with a full 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of cardstock.
On the 8 1/2 side you want to put a pencil dot at 3 inches on both ends. This is how the slant is created. Then put cardstock in your paper trimmer and cut in half on each dot. Once your cardstock is cut you want to place the flat side against the top of the paper trimmer and score at 3 and again at 6 3/4. This makes the 3 panels on your card. To cut the DSP I measured each space and once my DSP was cut to fit the width I layered my piece onto each section and took a pencil to make dots where I wanted to cut my DSP to fit the slant. I'm not sure there is any other way to cut the slant but using a pencil dot has worked perfectly for mine. Then I started to decorate my panels using the Beautiful Balloons Bundle & some of the Bright & Beautiful DSP. I only popped up my little Lemon Lime Twist Balloon on the front panel as I did not want to bulk up my card so it would mail without extra postage.
My pictures aren't the brightest because it was a cloudy day but you get the idea.

Card Details:

Stamps: Beautiful Balloons
Ink: Lemon Lime Twist, Berry Burst, Azure Afternoon, Bubble Bath
Cardstock: Lemon Lime Twist, Bubble Bath, Basic White, Bright & Beautiful DSP
Accessories: Beautiful Balloons Dies, Stitched Rectangle Framelits (retired), Rhinestones, Lemon Lime Twist Ribbon, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

I pulled out my Berry Burst pad from a few years ago from when it was an In Color and it was all wonky. I took a paper towel and wiped it off and it worked for what I needed it to on this card but definitely had to order myself a new pad. Not sure why the red colors of ink pads get wonky after a few years. I've already placed many of them. Today is also FREE Shipping Day at Stampin Up! so make sure you place your orders today! 

****************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy





3 comments:

Carol L said...

This is so festive and fun looking with those great papers and fun design! I really like all the streamers and big balloon inside too! It sure is cool out today but I'm not complaining either. My a/c is off and the windows are open again too! Happy Hump day!

D'Ann said...

What a fun card! I love the colors and how it's slanted :) That would be a fun card to receive!

LeAnne said...

This is so cool! Thanks for the measurements...I may use this for my next stamp club meeting! I've always wanted to make a card like this and never knew the proportions! Stay dry....I feel like I am drowning here!