Thursday, June 22, 2023

July 4th Candy Bars

 Good Morning from a rainy PA!
Happy Thursday, Everyone!

We so desperately need the rain and yesterday it started around noontime and this morning it is still raining! YAY! The ground has got so dry that the dirt is cracking which is odd to see here. We've had a snowless winter (which I am not complaining) but snowfall is critical to the water levels. We are in a moderate drought and recently the county has asked people to start conserving water. This year I did not plant the amount of flowers I normally plant so I don't have as much to water. Because of the lack of heat & humidity so far this season my flowers are not looking all the greatest either. Hopefully the summer weather will soon kick in and perk my flowers up!

So today I have another sweet treat to share with you. The July 4th holiday is less that 2 weeks away and I do like to have some treats on hand. I know my elderly neighbors love treats! Recently I found the Hershey's Candy Bars at my local Giant grocery store and I purchased a pack. These are a white chocolate with sprinkles & pop rocks in them. Something different. I have not tried them so i'm not sure if they are good or not. I loved that the wrapper is was red, white & blue so I thought i'd give them a try!




For these I did not make my usual candy bar wrappers but just put a belly band around the middle of them. I wanted the decorated ends of the wrappers to be seen. I used a retired stamp set and a coordinating wheel that I unmounted from the wheel and added cushion to. It is now a very long stamp that I find I reach for more often and use. Do you remember the wheels? I use to have lots of ink cartridges for them but they have dried up over the years so unmounting the rubber was a good thing!

Project Details:

Stamps: Happy Fourth (retired)
Ink: Real Red
Cardstock: Real Red, Basic White, Pacific Point (retired), Silver Foil Paper
Accessories: Stitched Stars Dies (retired), Tailor Made Tags Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Circle Layering Framelits (retired), Stars & Stripes Wheel (retired), Silver Metallic Stars (retired), Real Red Sheer Ribbon (retired), Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

I don't make much in candy treats anymore but I do still enjoy making a few things here & there. I have one more July 4th treat to share with you tomorrow so I hope you will stop back!

*************************************
My thoughts today...


On rainy days I like to craft or sit out on the porch and watch it rain.
It kinda just depends on how warm it is or how crazy the rain is! LOL 
Today I will most likely continue my binge watching of Chesapeake Shores. I am getting ready to start Season 4. The last episode in Season 3 made me cry. *sigh*
Let me know your answer in the comments!

Thanks for stopping by & enjoy the rain!
~Wendy





1 comment:

Carol L said...

You always make the best treat holders and I learn all about the latest candy available through your posts, because I never see them when I go, but now I tend to look more closely for them! LOL These look perfect for July 4th and your elderly neighbors will surely enjoy getting these! I gave away all my SU! wheels years ago and honestly, I don't miss them much at all. LOL Enjoy the rain, I understand it's here until next Wednesday now, so things should get a really good soaking!