Friday, June 16, 2023

Gone Fishing Retirement Card

 Good Morning & Happy Fri-YAY!

The weekend is here! 

Yesterday Mr Shady had his teeth cleaning and they extracted 8 teeth and polished the rest up nicely. We haven't been able to look in his mouth yet because he isn't allowing us near it, rightfully so. He was still pretty groggy when we brought him home. I told Kelsey to put him in Bailee's dog bed since it's bigger than his bed and then he can stretch out and sleep off the anesthesia. He was very wobbly & sleepy. By dark time he ran out in the yard, went potty and barked at a bunny outside of the fence but still was not ready to eat or drink. I am hoping today he is feeling more like his usual self. He also has to wear the cone of shame for the next 5 days which in its self is a pain. I'll keep you posted on him.

Today I have another cool card to share that I made for a challenge last weekend and forgot to post it over at the Kitchen Table Craft Social on Facebook. This is a Shortcut Card Sketch which is something new she started several months ago but is now creating more Shortcut card sketches in the next few weeks. I am always looking for a great sketch so I played along with this one...




I made this one into a Retirement card for on my card rack and it uses several fun elements!

Card Details:

Stamps: Gone Fishing
Ink: Mossy Meadow, Wild Wheat
Cardstock: Wild Wheat, Very Vanilla, Mossy Meadow, Let's Go Fishing DSP
Accessories: Basics 3D EF, Something Fancy Dies, Gone Fishing Dies, Metallic Dots, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

I honestly love this entire suite of products and know I will get lots of use from it!

*************************************
My thoughts today...


Sure does look like Mr Shady in this picture but i'm sure he isn't going to be this peppy today! Last evening on our way back the hall to go to bed Shawn popped into Kelsey room to check on Shady. He perked right up seeing pappy and as Shawn was talking to him he kept tilting his head from side to side like he understood what he was saying. It was so cute!

Thanks for stopping by & have a fabulous Friday!
~Wendy


1 comment:

Carol L said...

This is such a fun masculine card and I love the sketch! What a great way to use those fun strips of paper to make a great card. The sentiment is perfect for men who fish too LOL So sorry about Mr Shady having teeth removed but hopefully he's going to perk right up again soon. Have a good Friday