Sunday, June 11, 2023

Peace & Comfort

 Hello & Happy Sunday!

I hope your having a nice weekend!
Our weather has been pretty nice but man do we need some rain! The grass has started to dry up and the ground is so dry it started cracking. We had a little bit of rain on Friday evening when thunderstorms came thru but not anywhere what we need. I think we might soon need to do a rain dance! LOL
Yesterday I had my friends over to make cards and it was a very nice time!
We made 5 cards, ate some yummy snacks and chatted alot!
This is card #1 that we made using an oldie but a goodie stamp set called Peace & Comfort.
I'm not sure when this stamp set was out because I got it 2nd hand from a friend and since it's a lovely set....I wanted to create a card for us girls to make...




We embossed the flowers with Winter White Embossing Powder on Rococo Rose cardstock. Miss Emily was amazed at how the embossing powder turns shiny & raised when it gets embossed. I'm not sure if she ever tried heat embossing before but she loved it!

Card Details:

Stamps: Peace & Comfort (retired)
Ink: Rococo Rose (retired), Versamark
Cardstock: Thick Basic White, Rococo Rose, Basic White, Rococo Rose DSP (retired)
Accessories: Stitched Rectangle Framelits (retired), Stitched Framelits (retired), Circle Layering Framelits (retired), Winter White Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Brushed Brass Butterflies, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

Rococo Rose was an In Color a few years back and it was a pretty color. It reminds me of Moody Mauve that we currently have as an In Color.

Also a quick update on my friend, Vicki:

I talked to her husband last evening and she is doing beautifully!
She was sitting on the edge of her bed and he put me on speaker phone to say hi to her. He said she was waving back! She currently cannot speak which I can only imagine is pretty tough for her but she has a chalkboard to write on to communicate. I received the sweetest card in the mail from her yesterday. It just made me smile! Keep sending up those prayers for Vicki! They are working!

******************************
My thoughts today...



Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day!
~Wendy


2 comments:

Carol L said...

I absolutely LOVE this design with the white outline flowers! The colors are great and that little butterfly accent looks wonderful too! Great news about Vicki, I'm so glad she's doing well after her surgery.

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! That outline image looks amazing on that pretty color!