Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Peaceful Deer Kit Kat Box

 Hello & Happy Tuesday!

Today I have a sweet treat to share that I whipped up using some Peaceful Prints DSP (from SAB 2021) and the Peaceful Deer Bundle.



I started out with the 3 1/8 x 3 1/8 Acetate Boxes that Stampin Up! carries.
These are for the 3 x 3 mini cards but I think many use them for treat boxes.
I covered my clear box with a piece of DSP that just wraps completely around my box. I believe this measure 2 3/4 x 9. I used some Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere my paper on. Then added a Wonderful Snowflake to the box using the same glue. Next I did my stamping. I stamped my deer onto Crumb Cake cardstock with Early Espresso ink and punched the deer out using the Deer Builder Punch. I then stamped my sentiment from the same stamp set using Garden Green ink. I diecut it out using the Stitched Rectangle Framelits. My deer and sentiment are all popped up with Dimensionals. Lastly, I added a few Garden Green Glittered Enamel Dots that are retired. I love these treat holders and make for a nice stocking stuffer! Each treat box holds 4 of the Bite Sized Kit Kats. 

Card Details:

Stamps: Peaceful Deer
Ink: Early Espresso, Garden Green
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Basic White, Peaceful Prints DSP (SAB 21)
Accessories: Deer Builder Punch, 3 1/8 x 3 1/8 Acetate Boxes, Stitched Rectangle Framelits, Wonderful Snowflakes, Garden Green Glittered Enamel Dots (retired), Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


As much as I enjoy making the treats for each holiday, I've come to realize that my hands cannot do this anymore. They have been bothering me for weeks if not months now. I have decided that this will be the last holiday that I have treats to sell. I will continue on with making cards until I have to make the decision to stop that as well. I've never had my hands hurt before like what I've been experiencing. I will be talking to my doctor at my next checkup. 

********************************************
My thoughts today...



Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy




1 comment:

Carol L said...

It's so sad knowing you have to give up something you love due to pain, but hopefully there's something that can be done to help you! Don't give up yet until you explore your options. The treat boxes turned out beautifully in spite of your pain. I just love the green papers with that deer! Rest your hands now so you can enjoy the holiday season! You've done a great job with everything!