Thursday, December 30, 2021

December Birthday's

 Hello & Happy Thursday!

My husband goes back to work today, just for one day this week!
He's had a nice stretch of time off over the Christmas holiday and then another short break for New Year's before going back next Monday. 
Today I may try to go to my stamp table to work on my 2022 calendars that I started weeks ago and never got them finished. Tomorrow we are going to start the process of packing up all the ceramic Christmas trees and decorations. I love having them all out and lit up in the evenings....so pretty but it's time to get things back to normal. I do keep a few of my ceramic trees out all year long but the majority will get bubble wrapped and placed in totes until the next holiday season.
Have you taken down your holiday decorations yet?

So, today I am sharing my card lady's December birthday cards that I made her on her last card order. She usually asks for something seasonal. It doesn't get much more seasonal than pinecones and poinsettia's!






I started with a cardbase of Thick Very Vanilla cardstock then a layer of Poinsettia Place DSP that is retired. Next I took a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and ran it thru the Big Shot with the  Basic Borders Dies. They are such nice dies and what a variety, too! I used the half moon shaped one that also gives the stitching along the diecut edge. Next I used the Poinsettia Dies to cut those pretty flowers from the Poinsettia Place DSP.  I then diecut some Gold Foil sprigs using the Poinsettia Dies and layered them under my flowers with some Gold Cord. I attached them to my card with 2 Dimensionals. Lastly, I stamped my sentiment from the Sharing Sunshine stamp set with Soft Suede ink and added a couple Gold Glittered Enamel Dots that are retired as well. 
I tried keeping them simple and letting the paper do all the work!

Card Details:

Stamps: Sharing Sunshine
Ink: Soft Suede
Cardstock: Thick Very Vanilla, Very Vanilla, Gold Foil Paper, Poinsettia Place DSP (retired)
Accessories: Poinsettia Dies, Basic Borders Dies, Gold Cord, Gold Glittered Enamel Dots (retired), Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


**************************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy









3 comments:

LeAnne said...

These are beautiful! Perfect for a seasonal birthday! We take our decorations down on New Year's Day, a tradition I started when I was working and that was the only day off I had! I didn't put many up this year so hopefully it won't take too long to "undecorate"! Have a great New Year's!

Carol L said...

Another beautiful design for these birthday colors and I love those neutral colors! No decorating here other than the one ceramic tree my dad made for us when we were first married. I'll keep it up until New Year's day :) Have a good Thursday!

D'Ann said...

The cards are beautiful! I especially love the gold details - so pretty! The curved panel adds interest too. For our Christmas decorations, we put up a lot of lights outside but kept the inside relatively simple. We will likely put it away on New Year's Day. Happy New Year! Thanks for sharing your creations - I can't wait to see your calendars! :)