Saturday, December 11, 2021

Banner Year Card

 Hello & Happy Saturday!

A rainy day is on tap here today which will make for a good day to bake cookies!
I mixed up 5 different kinds of cookies on Thursday and put in the fridge.
My favorite being my Grandma Fisher's Sugar Cakes!
I remember her making them for me all the time as a little girl and i'm so thankful that she sent me the recipe before she passed away. I don't make cookies all that much anymore since my kids are grown but Kelsey specifically asked for these.

So, before my day gets crazy I wanted to share card #3 from last Saturday's Stamp Day w/ Friends get together. This one uses the Banner Year set which came out in last year's Holiday Mini Catalog and carried over into the Annual Catalog this year!



Another quick & simple card with lots of wonderful texture and pretty papers!
I used the retired Stampin Up! Holly EF from many years ago.
The paper is the Heartwarming Hugs DSP which also came out last year and carried over this year! (I really love that Stampin Up! is doing this more & more)
The sentiment panel is diecut from the Pierced Blooms Dies.
We stamped our holly image and Be Merry saying from the Banner Year set.
Lastly, we added the beautiful Real Red Sheer bow and some Red Rhinestones for sparkle. 

Card Details:

Stamps: Banner Year
Ink: Real Red, Mossy Meadow
Cardstock: Real Red, Basic White, Heartwarming Hugs DSP
Accessories: Stitched Rectangle Framelits, Pierced Blooms Dies, Holly EF (retired), Real Red Sheer Ribbon, Red Rhinestones, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

How many of you have your Christmas cards addressed and mailed?
I am always late in getting mine out the door!

*********************************************
My thoughts today...


Yeppers!

Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day!
~Wendy


1 comment:

Carol L said...

That's a pretty card using those papers and I like the embossing in the background! I hope you're having fun baking cookies - I don't bake anymore since Butch is diabetic, but I sure miss my grandmas big sugar cookies at Christmas!