Saturday, January 28, 2023

Forever Fern Sympathy Card

Hello & Happy Saturday, Everyone!

Hope your weekend is off to a good start! 
We are off to doggy day spa with Miss Bailee this morning. She really needs it!
Afterwards Ryan & Shawn are getting haircuts. I hope to do some stamping later in the day but that depends on whether Shawn wants to do something or not. 

Today I am sharing a sympathy card I made.
I have never done a card like this before and the outcome was so pretty!





I started with a 3 1/4 x 3 1/4 piece of Basic White cardstock.
I punched out a piece of copy paper using a 1 1/2 inch Circle Punch and put a small amount of Tombow Mono Adhesive on it and place it in the center. I started with the one leaf image and stamped it with Mossy Meadow ink. If you were looking at a clock I stamped my 1st leaf at 2, 4, 8 & 10. Then I took the 2nd leaf and stamped it in Night of Navy ink at 3, 6, 9 and 12. Then the 3rd leaf I stamped in Rich Razzleberry ink in between the other 2 inks. I kept it at just those 3 ink colors and did not want to over do it. After that I pulled off the circle copy paper and placed my sentiment there. I was pleased with how it turned out! I am thinking of doing a card like this with the stamp girls in some spring colors! I do think they would like it!

Card Details:

Stamps: Forever Fern, Inspired Thoughts
Ink: Mossy Meadow, Night of Navy, Rich Razzleberry
Cardstock: Rich Razzleberry, Mossy Meadow, Night of Navy, Rich Razzleberry DSP
Accessories: Stylish Shapes Dies, Circle Layering Framelits, Rich Razzleberry Enamel Dots (retired), Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

I also added some stamping on the inside to dress it up!
So pretty!

*****************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!!
~Wendy






2 comments:

Carol L said...

You've done an amazing job with stamping all those berries and leaves in a circle and I love the technique you used to created it! The sentiment inside is so heart-warming too. Wishing you a great weekend!

D'Ann said...

What a gorgeous card and the technique seems something I can do! I think I'm going to give it a try. I've had that set for a while and should try that given I haven't used it yet, especially since my sister goes through a lot of sympathy cards!