Sunday, September 3, 2023

No Sentiment Cards

 Good Morning & Happy Sunday, Everyone!

I hope your having a nice weekend!
It got hot here again yesterday and I had to turn the AC back on. 
Poor Bailee was panting her butt off and after supper I closed the windows and turned it on. It was nice couple of days with refreshing temps but that has come to end atleast for another week. 

Today I have a set of cards to share that I normally would not make these for myself but Audrey requests them quite a bit. On days that I have nothing planned I work ahead.
This set uses the Two Tone Flora set that I really like!





I started with 3 different patterns of the Country Gingham DSP measuring 4 x 5 1/4.
I used this template to make my markings before cutting. I made my DSP bigger than what is said on the template and either way you still keep the same markings.


I then cut all 3 sheets at the same time with my paper trimmer.
Once that was done I laid them on to a piece of white cardstock measuring 4 x 5 1/4 and adhered them down for perfect placement. Then I moved on to my stamping & diecutting.
I wanted to keep everything as flat as I could so I glued my flowers & leaves directly to my layer of DSP. I added some Genial Gems for a pop of sparkle and attached my DSP layer to the card base. The cardbases are: Mint Macaron, Petal Pink & Sweet Sorbet. I did 2 of the Petal Pink & Sweet Sorbet to make a pack of 5.

Card Details:

Stamps: Two Tone Flora
Ink: Sweet Sorbet, Petal Pink & Mint Macaron (retired)
Cardstock: Sweet Sorbet, Petal Pink, Mint Macaron (retired), Basic White, Country Gingham DSP (retired)
Accessories: Two Tone Flora Dies, Genial Gems (retired), Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

Although these cards look quick & easy they took some time to stamp & diecut all the different pieces. I could always add a sentiment if need be but for now I left them blank.

Yesterday Shawn & I took a trip over to L&L Rubber Stamps in Ephrata, PA.
It's a stamp store run by a Mennonite lady whom has become very friendly with us over the years. I really love going there but don't get to go as much as I use too. I purchase my envelopes, adhesives and whatever goodies I can find there. Her store is loaded with so many different goodies....I was in awe of the beautiful Fall & Christmas papers she had. I fought with myself on whether to buy them but I left them for someone else as I have SO much in my stash as it is. After that we made a quick trip the an antique store then headed home. It was a good day!

***********************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day!
~Wendy






2 comments:

Carol L said...

First of all, Happy Birthday! I'm envious of you getting to L&L as I haven't been there for quite some time. It's my favorite craft store of them all. I love the design of these great cards that makes use of some very pretty papers! It's a great set! I hope you're enjoying your day today. I turned my a/c back on after dinner last night as well. It got quite hot in a blink of an eye!

LeAnne said...

What pretty colors--the florals make these cards look vintage, so pretty!
I haven't been to L&L for a long time...glad to know she is still in business!