Monday, September 4, 2023

Whale Done Birthday Card

 Hello & Happy Monday!
Happy Labor Day, too!

This morning Shawn is off to go fishing for awhile. He hasn't been out at all this weekend so I told him to go do something he enjoys!

Yesterday was my birthday and what a day!
It started with a huge breakfast that Shawn made on his Blackstone grill. 
Bacon, Fried Potatoes, Eggs & Toast. After that no one wanted lunch.
Dinner was New York Strip Steaks, Baked Potatoes & Fresh Green Beans. 
Then Ryan treated us to ice cream to end the day! 
I said I am not eating at all today!
While it was all appreciated, it was just too much but I did have a nice day! 
Even got some stamping time in while Mr. Shady spent the day with us while his Mama worked.

Today I want to share a card I made last week using the retired Whale Done Bundle. 
I just bought it right before it went on the retiring list. 
Whale Done also has a coordinating punch.




This card was pure joy to put together!
I paired my stamp set with some retired Simply Marbleous DSP from SaleABRation 2022. 
I thought the Balmy Blue paper looked like it was watercolored and it worked beautifully for my card...so I was thrilled!
I stamped my sea grass and little schools of fish directly on the DSP then added some rhinestones to finish it up!
Another card for the little boy birthday section on my card rack!

Card Details:

Stamps: Whale Done (retired)
Ink: Balmy Blue
Cardstock: Balmy Blue, Basic White, Simply Marbleous DSP (retired SAB 22)
Accessories: Stylish Shapes Dies, Circle Layering Framelits, Whale Builder Punch (retired), Waves Rhinestones (retired), Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

I am off to wash bedsheets today and maybe do some dusting while Shawn goes fishing.
Gonna be a very hot & humid week ahead so i'll be hibernating indoors!
Whatever your plans are I hope includes AC!

***************************************
My thoughts today...


Not going to feel like Fall at all this week. Hopefully soon!

Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy


1 comment:

Carol L said...

I'm so glad you had a fun birthday with all those special touches from your family. That breakfast sounds so yummy right about now too! LOL Love this card with those cooling waters and colors - it's what we're all going to need in the next few hot days. Stay cool, relax and enjoy your Labor Day today! Hugs