Thursday, December 5, 2013

Bring on the Holidays!

Hello & Happy Thursday!

It's been quite crazy around here at the Aungst Pad so that's why the lack of blog posts. First off i'd like to start out by giving an update on Bailee Boo. She is doing beautifully! We got both set of cultures back from her Trans Tracheal Flush she had done on 11/25. Both were negative of any viral or bacterial infections. She has not done any coughing or wheezing since. I am thinking that the last dose of antibiotics & the steroid took care of it. She does have something that alot of dogs have called Reverse Sneezing. This is not life threatening thing and goes away on it's own. All in all there is nothing else being done since she is not exhibiting anymore signs of wheezing or coughing. The sad part of this is we spent all that money on having the procedure done to know what was going on in her lungs and we know nothing more than we knew before! Oh well, sometimes that's the way it goes!
Yesterday, she slipped her collar when I went to take her out. Oh boy, I panicked and went after her since she just took off. Thankfully she came back to me but I wasn't happy with her. I tried running but with my back hurting....it wasn't easy!
Then yesterday we got sad news from my sister in law that their dog, Winston, passed away from the battle he was fighting with cancer. He recently hurt his back too and has been going downhill. I'm sad but understand that they are no longer suffering but that missing them is the hardest part of losing our fur babies. RIP Winston.....you will be dearly missed.

Last evening was our stamp girls Christmas get together at our local Chili's. We've been doing this for the last couple of years and so enjoy it. We all received some very cute handmade items and shared lots of laughs! I had a great time! Thanks girls! Happy Holidays!


Left to right:
Deb Kottmyer, Cinda Donaghy, Nan Herr, me, Emily Enedy, Deb R., Karen Beaverson

So, I know you came to see what i've been up too so here goes!
Most of my stuff has been made for the Christmas craft show that i've been doing for the last 11 years but this year it was cancelled a few weeks before our delivery date due to health issues. My oldest daughter has stepped up to plate and sold so much of my items at her work. Her co workers keep asking for more! Here are some of the candy bar wrappers I did up!











Most of these candy bars my Aunt asked for as gifts for her family. I have another order for 25 more for a friend of my Mom's which I need to soon get working on. I noticed that anything with candy always seems to be a hit for Christmas! They do make a nice little stocking stuffer or a little something for a co worker, teacher or even the mail delivery person and I really enjoy making this kind of stuff.

I'm not going to list all the supplies used to make these so if you need a recipe on anything here, please shoot me an email at blueyes966@comcast.net 

Well, that's all for me today!
It's another dreary, rainy day here. I'm going to head on down to my stamp table to get some notebooks covered & possibly work on that order of candy bar wrappers! Tis the season!

Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!!
~Wendy

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I'm so glad to hear that Bailee is going to be OK. And glad to hear that you've been able to sell all the goodies you'd prepared for the craft sale! I'm not a bit surprised! Cute, cute, cute!

Loll said...

Hi Wendy. Your candy bar wrappers are fabulous. I love all the different versions ... some fun and cute ... some elegant - all wonderful! So happy that your daughter was able to sell most of your hand-made items ... such a shame to do all that work and then not have the craft fair - but it all worked out.

Glad your puppy is doing better.

Loll xx