Saturday, August 29, 2026

Thinking of Audrey

 Hello & Happy Saturday, Friends!

This past week has been a bit of a tough one for me after hearing about my card lady, Audrey's recent health setback. I have been making cards for her since 2013 and have come to know her & her family thru the cards that I have made for her. My last visit with her was in June and she said how tired she is of fighting this horrible disease. This past spring she also had the flu & Covid at the same time and at 95 years old she still kept fighting. Her love of God is at the top of her list along with the love of her family. My heart aches for her family and I know personally the void without her in my life is going to tough. Not knowing what her condition is at the moment, all I know is she was home from the hospital with hospice care. I sat on Wednesday and made a card to send her. If you've been following my blog for any amount of time you know that Audrey loved her zinnia's! My last visit with her she showed me her flower bed out from her living room window that gets the morning & afternoon sun and it is filled with beautiful, different colored zinnia's. So, I pulled out the retired Simply Zinnia Suite and made a card to send her. 




Card Details:

Stamps: Simply Zinnia (retired 2024 Online Exclusives)
Ink: Memento Black, Melon Mambo, Stampin Blends-Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Lemon Lime Twist
Cardstock: Basic White, Lemon Lime Twist, Flowering Zinnia's DSP (retired 2024 Online Exclusives)
Accessories: Circle Layering Framelits (retired), Simply Zinnia Dies (retired 2024 Online Exclusives), Adhesive Backed Shiny Sequins (retired 2024 Online Exclusives), Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

The inside says "and thinking of you".

I've not had anymore updates on her but when I do hear something I will be sure to post here. If your the praying type, please keep Audrey & her family in your prayers.
Thank you!

*******************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by!
~Wendy








1 comment:

LeAnne said...

So sorry to hear about Audrey's health setback. I KNOW she will love the card you made for her! And that zinnia will never fade!