Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Color Challenge 428

Hello & Happy Tuesday!

Hope everyone had a fantastic Memorial Day! Now it's time to get back to our regular programming around here! LOL My hubby starts his new job today, well orientation for a few hours. I know he's so relieved to not have such a long commute to work now. I will be spending my day down at my stamp table since I did not have any inky time all weekend. :)

So, this is my last week Guest Designing with the Color Challenge ladies over at SCS. I will still be playing along when I can! Kim aka Luv Flowers, is our hostess this week and she chose the following colors.....

Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo & Pool Party
with the dessert option of paper piercing!


I went with a Sympathy card this week. A childhood friend of mine lost her mother this past weekend. She had been sick for quite some time. She use to be my son's school bus driver when he was in elementary school and because he has Cerebral Palsy and used a walker to get around, she watched over him like a hawk. Every year up until about a year ago we have always received a Christmas card in the mail from her with a hand written note in. Such a wonderful lady....she will be missed by so many!




Not a very good picture of the inside but I think it is readable.


Color Challenge 428 Card:

Stamps: Field Flowers, Teeny Tiny Wishes, unknown maker of the inside
Ink: Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, Memento Black
Cardstock: Island Indigo, Pool party, Pool Party 12 X 12 DSP Stack, Neenah White
Accessories: Apothecary Framelits, Itty Bitty Framelits, Finishing Touches Edgelits, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Island Indigo Ribbon, Glue Dot, Dimensionals, 2 Sided Tape


Well, that's all for this girl today!
Stamping awaits me!

Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day!
~Wendy

2 comments:

Carol L said...

This really is a beautiful color combination, and I love those blue field flowers! so sorry you lost such a great person in your life :(

Bonnie said...

This is beautiful, Wendy! This flower is so pretty in the Pool Party! The sentiment inside is very nice! What a blessing this lady was to you. I'm sure many others will carry her memory in their hearts.