Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Healing Hugs

Hello & Happy Wednesday!

Hope your week is moving along nicely!
I have a card to share today that I made with a brand new stamp set called Healing Hugs.
I was SO excited to get this stamp set. 
The flower in the set is gorgeous and it is a new style of stamp called Distinktive. 

Well, long story short....my flower is not stamping the way it should.
I called to get a replacement and Demo Support was so nice.
I asked if she would like me to send my "defective" stamp set back and she told me to get as much use out of it as I can! I giggled a bit because all the other stamps in the set stamp perfect except for my flower. So, I made a card with it anyways until my new set arrives!




This last picture you can see the defect.
I tried everything to get a good clean image of this stamp but if you looked closely on the rubber, there is a spot that is sunk in and it's getting no ink at all. I cleaned my stamp really well, tried the Stampin Foam Mat under the stamp, even sanded my stamp and it made no difference. 

Card Details:

Stamps: Healing Hugs
Ink: Balmy Blue
Cardstock: Balmy Blue, Soft Sea Foam, Whisper White
Accessories: Circle Layering Framelits, Lakeside Framelits, Quilt Top EF, Whisper White Ribbon, Glue Dots, Rhinestones, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


My Soft Sea Foam cardstock looks like River Rock in these pictures.
My camera did not capture that color very well but it is a pretty pale green!
Once my new stamp arrives I promise there will be more cards made with it!
Stay tuned! 

****************************************************
My thoughts today.....


That's all for now!
Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful last day of spring!
~Wendy

3 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Nope that is a flaw in the material. Just hope the next one is not like that. That does not happen very often with them, and I don't blame you for being anxious to use it. Lovely card, Wendy!

Carol L said...

The card turned out beautiful in spite of the imperfect rubber! Beautiful colors and such a pretty stamp! Most people probably wouldn't even notice! Enjoy the first day of summer tomorrow!!

Cindy Linthicum said...

What a pretty card! And if you hadn't mentioned the issue with the stamp, I wouldn't have even noticed it.