Monday, October 4, 2021

It's Halloween!

 Hello & Happy Monday!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!
It sure got warm & muggy yesterday! 
I had to break down and turn my AC back on as the girls were hot.
All in all it was a nice but busy weekend.
Shawn is off again today so I am going to make this a quick update!

Today I have card #2 to share from my World Card Making Day. 
This card uses the Frightfully Cute stamp set and a retired set, The Raven.




Card Details:

Stamps: Frightfully Cute, The Raven (retired)
Ink: Basic Black Archival (retired), Mango Melody, Pumpkin Pie
Cardstock: Basic Black, Mango Melody, Basic White, Toil & Trouble DSP (retired)
Accessories: Stitched Rectangle Framelits, Scalloped Contour Dies, Rhinestones, Sponge Dauber, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

The inside says "Celebrate if you dare"!

We started with a cardbase of Basic Black then a layer of Mango Melody that was diecut with the Scallop Contour Dies. Next we adhered a layer of DSP from the retired Toil & Trouble DSP that was diecut with the Stitched Rectangle Framelits. Then a layer of Basic White that was diecut with the Scallop Contour Dies.
I love that they have so many different sizes and styles of scallops!
We stamped our moon from the Frightfully Cute stamp set in Mango Melody then used a Sponge Dauber dabbing Pumpkin Pie ink on our stamp to give it a 2 toned look. Then we stamped our witch in Basic Black Archival ink. I know this ink is retired but I like use this ink since it's very bold and gives a nice image.
Then we stamped our sentiment and finished up with the rhinestones for sparkle!
Miss Emily loves her rhinestones!

Everything lays flat on this one for easy mailing!

***************************************
My thoughts today...


That's for sure!
Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy






3 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is wonderful....love that big moon and your layers are amazing!

D'Ann said...

Love this card! So cute and I don't usually like witches on my cards but this one is an exception.

Carol L said...

Great combo of colors and papers with that little flying witch on her broomstick! I cleaned my floor fans and put them away for winter just in time to see it get muggy again....sigh. I never turned the a/c back on again though but it sure did get uncomfortable for a day or two. So glad it cooled off again!