Thursday, March 3, 2011

Ways To Use It Challenge 312

Hello & Happy Thursday!Align Center
Hope your all having a great day so far! It's a very nice day here. I can see some patches of green grass growing in the yard and i've noticed some spring flowers popping up! I'm hoping that's a sign spring is knocking! :)

Anyways, the Ways To Use It Challenge today was "seeing spots". Mine are very soft. I think I must be starting to like the all white cards or CAS (clean and simple) as we call them. I have been making alot of white card based ones lately which is unusual for me. Take a look....



Since I am an Ovarian Cancer Survivor I went with this today. It looks much better IRL. One day I really have to learn to master the camera but that's a whole other story! LOL I also used another stamp off my shelf that i've had for months that has never seen ink, Ribbon of Hope. I bought it to go along with my Cancer Cannot Do stamp that I picked up at the York Stamp Show last October. My background is embossed with the Swiss Dots embossing folder and my sheer white ribbon has polka dots on it. I used Taken w/ Teal cardstock on this but my ink pad was not looking anything like Taken w/ Teal ink so I ended up stamping my ribbon in Bermuda Bay. Teal is also the color of Ovarian Cancer.


Ways To Use It Challenge #312 Card:

Stamps: Ribbon of Hope (set # 36), Sentiment from DRS Designs
Ink: Memento Black, Bermuda Bay
Cardstock: Taken w/ Teal, PTI White
Accessories: Cuttlebug w/ Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Sheer White Polka Dot Ribbon, Kaiser Teal Pearls, Dimensionals, Scor Tape


Well, that's all for me today!
Thanks for stopping by & have a terrific Thursday!
~Wendy

6 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

Awesome card Wendy!!! Love that stamp!!!

Carol L said...

I've always loved that sentiment and I love this card done in those beautiful colors! I never knew that teal represented ovarian cancer, so thanks for that!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is a stunner Wendy! Love the colors and your right the white card base sets the whole card off!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Wow, this card hit home for me this week. My SIL just got out of ICU and found out she has breast cancer that has spread. Sooooo this sentiment is very uplifting. Sorry I have been scarce on the comments.

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

As a breast cancer survivor of two years I really like and appreciate that card. I didn't know that teal wa for ovarian cancer either! We learn something new everyday.

Deberella said...

Wow! What a beautiful card and the stamp so perfect. The teal and white are a nice combination.