Friday, May 4, 2012

Ways To Use It Challenge 373

Good morning, everyone!

Hope your all having a great day so far! Yup, it's Friday....finally!
I'm looking forward to some great weather this weekend but along with that comes alot of stuff around the house to do and that never ends!

So, i'm still working on making some cards to sell. Hope to have my Etsy shop up and running soon. I took advantage of yesterdays Ways To Use It Challenge 373 from over at SCS to get another masculine card made. Alot of people have a tough time making masculine but I love making them! Anyways, the challenge was to distress so I broke out my Tim Holtz Distressing tool and got busy. Here is my card....


I stamped my bird image and my sentiment. Cut them out and then used my distressing tool to scuff them up! Added some Linen Thread and some gold brads and called it done! Did I say how much I am liking this new (to me) Well Woren Designer Series Papers! Makes for some nice masculine cards!


Ways To Use It Challenge 373 Card:

Stamps: Wild Fowl, Sentiment from Delightful Dozen
Ink: Cajun Craze, NQN
Cardstock: NQN, Cajun Craze, Neenah White, Well Woren DSP
Accessories: Circle Nestibilities, Linen Thread, Gold Brads, Tim Holtz Distressing Tool, Dimensionals, Scor Tape


Well, that's all for me today!
Thanks for stopping by & have a great day ahead!
~Wendy

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I like to make masculine cards too, Wendy. You have some awesome guy stamps too. I love these ducks landing and that you left them unpainted. And the twine treatment is fabulous!

Carol L said...

You're on a roll with your masculine cards, and this has such a unique look with the uncolored image! I love the linen thread and gold brads behind the sentiment! NJ!

JD/ Jill said...

Very nice masculine card. You do a great job with them. I have to admit it's probably my least favorite card to make...but that might be because I like pinks and pastels, lace and ribbon, girly things...smile.