Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Thank You for Caring...

Hello & Happy Tuesday!

Hope your week is going smoothly.
The last few days here in Pennsylvania the weather has been absolutely gorgeous!
I'd be a happy girl if it would stay this way the rest of the summer.
Sunshine & 70's is my favorite weather! 🌞

Yesterday I had every intention on posting here because I needed to make a few more Thank You cards. 
We received a wonderful gift basket from Shawn's work and a gift certificate and beautiful letter from my card lady for my Dad's passing. I started out making my cards then just ended up in tears.
Last week I was so sick I could barely get out of bed.
Surely it is my nerves getting the best of me and I know I have to push thru this one way or another but still give myself time to grieve. This has been one of the toughest losses I ever had to experience and the family situation has only made this 10 times harder...

I did manage to get these cards made and I wanted to share them.





My sentiment comes from a retired set called Lots of Thanks.
I felt like this sentiment was perfect for what I wanted it to say.
The ink & cardbase is a new 2020 In Color called Bumble Bee.
The gingham ribbon is also Bumble Bee!

I put a close up picture of the sentiment panel that was stamped and diecut with the Ornate Frames Dies that came out last year with a Halloween stamp set. The stamp set did not make the cut but the dies made it thru to the new catalog! They are very intricate and beautiful!

My paper is from the Ornate Gardens Suite of products.
I think it is one of my favorites!
Each sheet is beautiful and has Gold Foil in it!

Card Details:

Stamps: Lots of Thanks (retired)
Ink: Bumble Bee
Cardstock: Bumble Bee, So Saffron, Whisper White, Ornate Gardens Specialty DSP
Accessories: Ornate Frames Dies, Rectangle Stitched Framelits, Bumble Bee Gingham Ribbon, Champagne Rhinestones, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


On a better note, yesterday I heard from my hair girl.
They are finally reopening the hair salon on Friday.
She made my appointment for first thing Sunday morning!
I've not had a haircut since Feb 9th...


**********************************************************
My thoughts today...



Thank you for stopping by & enjoy your day!
~Wendy

3 comments:

Patti said...

Losing someone is never easy. Each day brings its on level of grief. Each of us grieves in our own way. There is no time limit and no rush. Your heart will tell you when it is time to let go and the grieving will turn the sorrow into joy as you have more happy memories than sad. As to doing or not doing...if you got out of bed and got dressed that's something. If you did the dishes or vaccumed that's another. Gardening, reading a book, stamping...all contribute to getting back to "normal". praying that the family situation will improve and that you will know you have "family" outside of your biological family. So inspired by your courage and your openness and of course your creativity.

blessings
patti

Carol L said...

I'm so sorry you've been feeling bad, but grieving is not the same for everyone - we each do it in our own way and in our own time frame. It's never easy but keep leaning on your friends and loved ones for comfort and strength and you will get through this when the time is right. This is a beautiful card, so you still have your creative imagination and that's a good outlet to work through the pain. Getting a haircut is going to help make you feel better in an instant! I've been trimming Butch's hair and he is SO ready for a REAL haircut one day soon! Take care of yourself and focus on good memories to help get you through all of this. You are loved and cared for - BIG HUGS!

Vicki said...

Hugs to you my dear sweet friend. Be gentle with yourself and it will get easier as the days go by. Live your card....those dies are amazing. I had kinda forgot about them.