Friday, June 12, 2020

Celebrating Sunflowers

Hello & Happy Friday!

Yesterday turned out to be a beautiful day once the storms and humidity left!
I love having my windows open and the cool air coming in!

Today I have a set of cards that I made earlier this week.
These will eventually go to my card lady as I was working ahead.
This is a brand new stamp set from the Stampin Up! Annual Catalog called Celebrating Sunflowers.








Lots to tell you about this amazing set!
It comes with coordinating Sunflower Dies that I did not use on these.
The set has lots of sentiments included.
The sentiment I used was from a retired set so I could use the Classic Label Punch to punch it out.
There are 2 different sunflower images in the stamp set.
I used the Stampin Blends to color my flowers and then added a bunch of Wink of Stella to just the sunflower petals. I love the sparkle but i'm not sure if my camera picked that up.
The paper...OMGosh is it ever beautiful!
Loaded with sunflowers and other pretty prints....even a poinsettia for Christmas!
The embossed layer I used the Ornate Floral 3D EF.
So pretty!
Lastly I added some Champagne Rhinestones for more sparkle.

Card Details:

Stamps: Celebrating Sunflower, Happy Birthday, Gorgeous (retired)
Ink: Memento Black, Cinnamon Cider, Stampin Blends- Light Daffodil Delight, Dark Mango Melody, Light & Dark Cinnamon Cider & Light & Dark Just Jade
Cardstock: Just Jade, Cinnamon Cider, Whisper White, Flowers for Every Season DSP
Accessories: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Square Layering Framelits, Classic Label Punch, Ornate Florals 3D EF, Champagne Rhinestones, Mini Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


I was really sad when they announced the Painted Harvest set was retiring.
This Sunflower Bundle will definitely be filling that void!
I absolutely love it!


Update on my Big Shot:

The other day my Big Shot died.
Shawn took it apart and found that my bearings were worn out.
He ordered new ones so i'm praying that he gets it up & running this weekend.
My Cuttlebug has been doing fine but it too is very worn out and has a big crack on the one side.
I must be pretty hard on diecutting/embossing machines! LOL

**************************************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & enjoy your day!
~Wendy





3 comments:

Carol L said...

This is a gorgeous set of cards and I LOVE the embossing! Pretty papers and pretty colors make pretty cards, for sure! My Big Shot died a few months ago and I too took it apart and cleaned it, but when I put it back together it still didn't work, so I had to buy a new one. You're lucky Shawn knows how to change the bearings to fix yours, because I'm sure that's what was wrong with mine. Good luck with it, and enjoy those nice breezes and cooler weather today!

D'Ann said...

Beautiful Cards! I love this set and the DSP is to die for. I may just have to get it now. :)

Vicki said...

Beautiful set!!! Good that we can order the new die cut machine next month!! 😊😊