Monday, February 25, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches #74...too late!

Hello again!

Today, I made my way to my stamp room for most of the day! I had a pile of cards from workshops & parties that needed to have inside sayings put in them then I wanted to finish up my card I started last week for the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge. I had it done around noon today but waited to upload it tonight and realized the challenge closed already.




I made this cute card for my brother & sister in law's dog, Winston (named after the Winston Cup in NASCAR)! He has been undergoing radiation treatments in Maryland for cancer since the end of January and has started his 4th week today. Last week was alittle rough on him. He has an aggressive type of cancer in his mouth and gets radiation 4 times a week for 4 weeks with the possibility of a couple of chemotherapy treatments next. Last week Winston started drooling profusely which they say is normal and he's having a hard time eating his dog food. So, I wanted them to know I am thinking of them & sending prayers for Winston on his road to recovery. He's such a sweet laid back dog...

Here are a few pics of Winston taken last summer....



 

I started this card last week to go along with the Dynamic Duos Challenge # 40 with the colors of Tempting Turquoise & Basic Black. Today I found my way back to finish it...sadly too late for either challenge. Oh well...



Thinking of You, Winston...Card:

Stamps: Penny Black, Sassy Salutations (sentiment)
Ink: Memento Black, Copic Markers
Cardstock: Basic Black, Tempting Turqoise, PTI White
Accessories: SU Top Note Die, Dog Paws EF from Darice, Dog Clip, Ribbon from Amuse, Black Brads, 2 Sided Tape



So, that is all for me today!
Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

3 comments:

Carol L said...

I've finished up cards for challenges only to find the links closed too- but more often than I care to remember:) The card is so precious, especially under the circumstances for Winston's ill health. I hope he recovers completely and enjoys a full life. I love that image and especially that cute ef!!

Kristie Goulet said...

Sweet card. Sorry to hear about all Winston is going through. :( Hope this card cheers them up.

Anonymous said...

Cute card! Your embossed background and dog bone clip are great compliments.