Monday, June 20, 2016

Work Of Art Butterfly

Hello & Happy Monday!

It sure is a hot one here in PA today! 
Thought about taking the bikes out for a ride this evening but we shall see.
I am really enjoying this new adventure and I can finally say that I have hit my first weight loss goal!

Anyways, today I had some time to get inky. I was running out of steam trying to finish up this card...probably a sign I was up way to early this morning!

I seen a card that caught my eye last week from Dawn Olchefski .
Here is my case of her beautiful card...




I switched up the colors and used a different sentiment. I really love the soft colors that Debbie used on hers but I was looking for a bolder look. I used Dapper Denim (new In Color), Emerald Envy (new In Color) & Rich Razzleberry. I used the Work Of Art stamp set for the colored swatches and then cut out the butterfly using the Butterfly Thinlits. Once the butterfly is cut out, adhere your stamped piece or negative on your cardbase then put Tombow Liquid glue on the butterfly diecut but just in the midsection. You do NOT want to glue the entire butterfly down. I fluffed up the wings and added some small white pearls to finish it.

Diecut Butterfly Card:

Stamps: Sassy Salutations (retired), Work of Art
Ink: Dapper Denim, Emerald Envy, Rich Razzleberry
Cardstock: Whisper White
Accessories< Butterfly Thinlits, Small White Pearls, Tombow Liquid Glue

Those ink swatches really make a pretty colorful card!

********************


I couldn't agree more!
Happy Monday, friends!

Thanks for stopping by & have a terrific day!
~Wendy

No comments: