Monday, April 6, 2015

Merry Monday Challenge #153

Hello & Happy Monday!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter holiday!

Today we have a new challenge over at Merry Monday! Lori is our hostess this week, so let's get to it!



I wasn't sure what I was going to do for this challenge and then I remembered I picked up this Darice Embossing Folder at the last Heirloom Stamp Show in October! It was perfect!




This card was a difficult one to photograph since it has shiny gold paper on it. I think the angel is very pretty on it's own so I just added a quick sentiment, some gold trimmed burgundy ribbon and a couple gold beads! It's very pretty in real life!


Merry Monday Challenge #153 Card:

Stamps: Sentiment from Hero Arts
Ink: Bravo Burgundy
Cardstock: Bravo Burgundy, Neenah White, Shiny Gold Paper
Accessories: Darice Angel Embossing Folder, Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, Circle & Scallop Punches, Gold Trimmed Burgundy Ribbon, Gold Beads, Glue Dot, Dimensionals, 2 Sided Tape

Hope you will stop by the Merry Monday blog to see what the other ladies have created this week! So many gorgeous "angel" idea's! Can't wait to see what you create!

That's all for today!
Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

15 comments:

Susan Powell said...

What a beautiful die! Your card is lovely!

Vicki Burdick said...

this is a beauty Wendy!! Love that embossing folder!!

Kristie Goulet said...

Oh WOW! I love that embossing folder, Wendy! So gorgeous and perfect for the challenge. Awesome card! Have a great week!

Bonnie said...

Love, love, love this embossed angel, Wendy! I hadn't seen it before and it's on my list now! I love how you kept it simple and I'm impressed with your photography skills. Capturing the embossing and the metallic edges is a real challenge and you whipped it! Hope you have a wonderful week!

Karren said...

Perfect embossing folder for this challenge! And a wonderful card - the white space with its gorgeous texture is beautifully framed with the gold edges.

Lesley said...

What a gorgeous card, Wendy!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

So pretty Wendy. I have a lot of the Darice folders too. This one is so elegant and rich looking! Hope you and hubby feel better!

Wanda said...

Beautiful Angel! I really like how you edged the angel with the gold scallops and the red scalloped sentiment.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Very pretty! Love the touch of gold!!

Deanne :)

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

This is a fabulous embossing folder and so perfect for the challenge!! Beautiful, beautiful card!

JD/ Jill said...

Here's another person who has that neat ef on their wish list after seeing your pretty card! Nicely done!

Marie Bingaman said...

Wow, that folder is a stunner...I hope I can find it somewhere! I love how you kept the rest of the card nice and simple to let her do her thing! :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a gorgeous angel with that embossing folder, Wendy! Just love the gold you used to frame it!!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful, such a great embossing folder.

Greta said...

What a fabulous embossing folder & wonderful card!