Tuesday, May 2, 2017

A Special Wedding Card Request

Hello & Happy Tuesday!

A few days ago I got a request in the mail from my customer for a wedding card.
She sent me the original wedding invite and asked me to make a card almost like it.
Here is the invite....


I laid the directions for the reception over top the information because I did not want to show that online but I did want to show the colors and design.

So, I looked high & low thru my million & one stamps and found an old retired background stamp called Filigree. I'm not sure of the year but I know it's old. I decided instead of just inking it in white craft ink that I would emboss it onto Crumb Cake cardstock with Winter White embossing powder.
Here was my take on the wedding invitation...



I was so happy with the outcome!
I added that pretty organza ribbon and a big ole bow once I had the sentiment embossed and diecut using the retired Chalk Talk Framelits. And what would a wedding card be without adding pearls?! I wish though I would have added some glitter to the embossing for a pop of sparkle but nonetheless I am overjoyed with how it turned out! 

Wedding Card:

Stamps: Filigree (retired), Rose Wonder (sentiment)
Ink: Versamark, Winter White Embossing Powder
Cardstock: Crumb Cake
Accessories: Chalk Talk Framelits, White Organza Ribbon, White Pearls, Heat Gun, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, 2 Sided Tape

What do you think??

***********************************
My thoughts today....


Haha!

Thanks for stopping by & have a great day, friends!
~Wendy

2 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Wowzer, girl, you nailed it! This is simply gorgeous! She will be quite pleased.

Janice M said...

Wendy it's beautiful! IMO you nailed it your customer is sure to LOVE it!