Saturday, October 14, 2017

Popcorn Boxes for Halloween

Hello & Happy Saturday!

After a day of running around yesterday, today we have nothing on our agenda!
Shawn's doctor appointment went well. He is having another test done to figure out why he has some inflammation in his small bowel that showed up on his colonoscopy. Doctor thinks it got that way from the clean out procedure he had to do. He had one polyp removed that they say was the fast growing type but no cancer were found and for that I am so thankful! 

It's still a dreary morning here but the weather people are saying it is to clear out later today but I am a little optimistic on that! Guess we will see.

Today I want to share with you one of the treats we made at my stamp get together with my friends. We made a slew of Halloween things but this one was my absolute favorite!




Kelsey was in Ocean City, Maryland a few weeks prior to my Halloween get together and I had her pick me up a bucket of Fisher's Caramel Popcorn from the boardwalk and we used that in a 3 X 6 Cello Bag to put inside the popcorn boxes. Something different than chocolate and of course we all loved munching on the popcorn after we filled our bags!

Halloween Popcorn Boxes:

Stamps: Trick or Treat (retired)
Ink: Pumpkin Pie
Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Whisper White, Spooky Night DSP
Accessories: Popcorn Box Thinlits, Circles & Starburst Punches, Rhinestones, Pumpkin Pie 1/8 Taffeta Ribbon, Halloween Night Bakers Twine, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

After having much success with these for Halloween, I am thinking of doing these up for Christmas with several different things in the cello bags. I can already see these decorated for the holidays!
Can't wait!

********************************************************
My thoughts today....


Haha!

That is all for now!
Thanks for stopping by & have yourself a super Saturday!
~Wendy

5 comments:

Janice M said...

Awwww man I LOVE Fishers Carmel popcorn!! Popcorn is one of the things I miss eating. Darn Divertic! But not worth the risk I guess! They are cute treat containers for sure.

PJ said...

Glad to hear that your Shawn's tests came back normal. Your treat boxes are fantastic. Do you have measurements so I could try to make them too? I think they would make awesome Christmas gifts. Oh boy. even for my daughter's upcoming wedding in January.. they would make lovely party favors. You do fabulous work. I have followed your blog by email.. and now I see the link to follow too.. so I will. Thank You ♥

D'Ann said...

Oh my these are super adorable! I love everything you make. Right up my alley! :)

Carol L said...

Fun popcorn boxes, and I could use a handful of yummy popcorn right about now! Sounds like a great idea for Christmas treats too! Hope you are enjoying this weekend, sorry I'm so pressed for time these days :(

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Mmmmmmm, I can smell that popcorn! What adorable boxes!