Wednesday, November 21, 2018

M&M Sticks

Good Morning & Happy Wednesday!

Hope your week is going well!
It's been nuts here with hubby being on vacation!!
We've been running around non stop before the Christmas craziness begins on Friday!
Yesterday we had Kelsey out to do some shopping and then stopped for a quick supper before heading home. We've been out & about almost everyday since Shawn has been off.
Today will be much of the same except Kelsey has to be at work by 4 which is good so we can start prepping for our Thanksgiving day meal.

Today before the busy day starts I wanted to share my Thanksgiving M&M Sticks that I make up for every holiday. I have been stewing for awhile about stopping the holiday treats and have decided after Christmas to finally stop it unless someone orders something specific. It's too much anymore and my hands just ache. I have not stamped since last Wednesday afternoon and my hands ache 24/7.



This year's version of my Thanksgiving M&M Sticks are quite plain. My one customer who ALWAYS buys them did not want any this time so I have a couple left. I will empty them from the cello bags and put in a candy dish. Had I known beforehand that she did not want them I would not have made them. Candy isn't cheap nor are the supplies. 
This is another reason to stop the treats for the holidays.

Project Details:

Stamps: Pleasant Pheasants (sentiment)
Ink: Early Espresso
Cardstock: Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Oval Layering Framelits, 1x8 Cello Bags, Very Vanilla Twine, Hole Punch, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

Nonetheless, M&M Sticks are always fun to made and always make a cute little treat!
Kids & adults love them!

*******************************************************
My thoughts today....

That's all for now!
I'll see you all tomorrow!

Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

4 comments:

Cindy Linthicum said...

Sorry these didn't sell for you this time around. Great fall colors in the M&M's. Maybe you could use them as favors on your Thanksgiving table??

Vicki Burdick said...

They are so cute, I hope you still do some, I love all your treats! Maybe some compression gloves would help. worth a try. Love you and Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Carol L said...

Awww, I'd hate the idea of you not making any more treat containers - you are the queen bee in that regard! I'm so sorry your hands are hurting, but hopefully soon they can figure out why they hurt and do something to restore the feeling in them again. These M&M treats are cute and I tried making them once, but my patience wore too thin trying to get those little candies in those skinny bags! LOL They kept flopping around or standing on the edge and I finally just gave up on them LOL

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

totally understand the aching hands, Wendy, and that is why I have been slacking with my blog. I too would hate not seeing your special treats. Your M&M sticks are wonderful!