Thursday, November 7, 2013

SC 461 & Thanksgiving Thursday Week #1

Hello & Happy Thursday!

Today is the start of my Thanksgiving Thursday cards!
 The past few years during the month of November, every Thursday up to Thanksgiving I showcase a Thanksgiving card. With Halloween & Christmas being busy crafting times, Thanksgiving usually gets lost in the mix. The year I lived in Joplin, Missouri, I decided to dedicate each Thursday in November to making cards specifically for this occasion. It has worked well for me over the last few years so I will continue the tradition. Feel free to play along and let me know so I can come check yours out!

For my first card of Thanksgiving Thursday 2013 I used this week's Sketch Challenge 461.

Here we go!







Sketch Challenge 461 & Thanksgiving Thursday Week 1 Card:

Stamps: Magnificent Maple, Days of Gratitude
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Cardstock: Crushed Curry, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Sweater Weather DSP
Accessories: SU Square Lattice EF, Wide Oval Punch, White Pearls, Dimensionals, Liquid Mono Multi Glue


I'm so glad I was able to get a card made for today! I have been so busy with taking care of our new puppy, Bailee and her Kennel Cough. She goes back to the Vet tonight because she still has the cough and we've read sometimes that dogs need a second dose of antibiotics to get rid of it. I've also been working hard on craft show stuff for the Christmas show. I found out the other day that it has been cancelled this year due to health problems. So now i'm not sure what I will do with everything I have made and i'm a bit bummed about it. Hopefully I can find a way to sell some of it.

Well, that is all for today!
Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

3 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

Love this Wendy!! Fun sketch!!

cm said...

Wendy, your warm comment on my Newton cards brought me over to thank you (THANK YOU!!), and wow, your Thanksgiving card is absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful layers, pretty patterns and the leaf+sentiment are eye-catching! While I'm here: love your Merry Monday snowman! Sorry to hear your puppy needs more vet attention; hopefully she'll be well soon! I'm off to gaze and admire more of your delightful creations!
c

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful, bright and glorious card, Wendy! Sorry to hear that Bailee still isn't well! Hopefully another round of medicine will clear it up.