Saturday, July 28, 2018

Thinking of You

Hello & Happy Saturday!

So glad the weekend is upon us!
We had some rain & thunderstorms last evening.
Gigi had her Thunder Jacket on which seems to be really helping her as far as loud noises and beeps are concerned. Thankfully I was home from doctor appointment before they started!
I had my doctor appointment in which was a very good one with my Dermatologist.
I jinxed myself yesterday saying that I have not had any new spots/plaques. I found one on my neck/shoulder after my shower. Doctor told me that I can get them at any time or place. As soon as I find them I am to start getting the heavy duty ointment on them. I have a huge spot/plaque on the back of my one leg. It's been there for a very long time and I swear it gets bigger everyday. He told me to put ointment on it everyday and at night time to cover it with Saran Wrap to help keep it moisturized which will help get rid of the scales. 
This is a whole new ballgame for me and i'm sure I have lots to learn! 
I have a really nice doctor there, always happy to answer any questions and offer suggestions. 
Also suggested I get ready for the winter months as that is when psoriasis usually rears it's ugly head!
All in all he was pleased with my progress and said he'd see me back in 6 months!

Anyways, today hubby & I are going to head out and grab some groceries and hit up the local farm stand to get some locally grown veggies!
I do want to share a set of cards I made for my customer last week.
She loves her Thinking of You cards....





When she asked for Thinking of You cards I really wanted to use a different stamp set but because she suggested I use the Friendships Sweetest Thought set that is why I used this set.
She wanted the little bird on top colored red for a cardinal and I tried several times to color the entire image and make the bird red....I just could not do it. The images are way too small and I could not for the life of me get the ink inside the lines. After 3 times I said...nope not today and just stamped my image in Real Red ink and called it done.

Card Set Details:

Stamps: Friendships Sweetest Thoughts (retired)
Ink: Real Red
Cardstock: Real Red, Whisper White, Real Red DSP (retired)
Accessories: Lots of Labels Framelits (retired), Washi Label Punch (retired), Real Red 1/8 Grosgrain Ribbon (retired), Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

She always tells me not to stress over her cards but I do.
She loved them!
Guess that is all that matters!

***********************************************
My thoughts today....


Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day!
~Wendy

3 comments:

Carol L said...

I hear you on not being able to color inside the lines of those tiny images! The cards look great anyway and I love those bright colors, as I'm sure your customer will too. I cannot imagine wearing saran wrap to bed - OMG, I'd sweat to death! lol Whatever works though, right? I hope things keep improving for you, and have a great weekend too!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I missed these pretty monochromatic cards. Love the real red, and it looks pretty amazing.

Cindy Linthicum said...

I just love monochromatic cards. This is really pretty in the red, and it makes it pop.