Saturday, September 21, 2019

Sketch Challenge 767

Good Morning & Happy Saturday!

Hope your weekend is going well so far!

This week I spotted the Sketch Challenge over at Splitcoaststampers and decided to give it a try!
It has been many years since I played along with their challenges so I felt a little rusty.
I hope I remember how to upload my card to their gallery! LOL

This is this week's sketch and my card samples...





My day started off yesterday with a spider in the shower that I can say was washed down the drain since he gave me quite a scare! I'm not one bothered by spiders but when it invades my personal space...yep, he suffered the consequences!

The spider on my card is really cute and diecuts out just perfectly as did my WICKED diecut!
I paired it up with some of last years DSP called Bubble & Toil. I still have 2 full sheets and a bunch of scraps left so this design used a bit of it up.
I added a purple circle clip to my sentiment panel that has been in my stash for along time.
I tied a small piece of the Black Organdy Glittered Ribbon on it.
Then I found some purple rhinestones in my bag of Rhinestones, Pearls and other embellishments.
I had to use them as they matched my Gorgeous Grape perfectly!
This is all flat for easier mailing. My little spider is popped up with a mini dimensional though but it should not affect mailing.

Card Details:

Stamps: Wonderfully Wicked
Ink: Basic Black Archival
Cardstock: Thick Whisper White, Basic Black, Whisper White, Bubble & Toil DSP (retired)
Accessories: Wicked Dies, Circle Clip, Black Glittered Organdy Ribbon, Purple Rhinestones, Mini Dimensional, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


I'm happy with the outcome of this even though my DSP looks very busy.
Each piece was cut at 7/8 x 4 1/4. Some were a bit longer that I had to trim off.
Was fun and a great way to use up some of those scrap pieces!

**********************************************************************
My thoughts today...



Yesterday, my dear friend, Deb came and picked me up!
We headed out for some craft therapy!
We browsed Micheal's then AC Moore and just had the best time!
Best Friend therapy is always a must have!!!
Thank You, Deb!!!

Thanks for stopping by & have a great Saturday!
~Wendy



3 comments:

Carol L said...

Fun sketch to use those papers up, and a great Halloween card too. Love that round clip - and I may still have some of those buried within this room LOL Glad you had a good crafty day with your friend - there's nothing more fun!

Vicki said...

Super cute!!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Best Friends just make everything right with the world. Mine will visit on Tuesday. As for this great sketch and card... all I can say is you nailed it! Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Got a few fall things up outside, and now it looks like fall is really coming!