Saturday, July 22, 2023

Handmade Hugs

 Hello & Happy Saturday!

This morning we woke up to a bit cooler temps compared to what we have been dealing with since the end of June. Almost feels refreshing with a light breeze coming from the north. I turned the AC off and opened a few windows and it feels so nice.

Thursday I had a chance to play at my stamp table and pulled out some new stamps that I have had but did not get the chance to use them. I do many cards for Audrey each month and when I order stamps I always keep her in mind and what she would request. Lately she has just been asking for plain cards with no saying, no ribbon and no fun embellishments and I find this a challenge. Stampin Up gives us so many amazing stamps and lately I don't feel like I get to ink many of them up because she requests plain cards. So I am still trying to use them for myself or in my Stamp Day w Friends get togethers. The card I am sharing today is one that I will use or put on my card rack for sale. It uses the Handmade Hugs set from the 2023-2024 Stampin Up! Annual Catalog. It has a coordinating Handmade Tag Punch that came out in the 2022 Holiday Catalog. I also used the new Berry Harvest background stamp and the Petal Park Bundle. 




 

My monochromatic card uses Berry Burst cardstock & ink. This use to be a In Color that retired but recently came back into our color spectrum. I think I love it more now than I did when it was an In Color! It was fun to sit and sit with all these new stamps and just let the creativity roll. I love the Berry Harvest background stamp as it adds alittle something to my cardbase. The Berry Burst Gingham DSP is also so pretty! I was happy to finally be able to use it. The Handmade Hugs set is delightful with some great sentiments which I love! And finally the Petal Park Bundle does not disappoint. Those flowers and leaves stamp so nicely and the coordinating Petal Park Builder Punch makes it easy for quick results! I love how this card turned out!

Card Details:

Stamps: Handmade Hugs, Petal Park, Berry Harvest Background
Ink: Berry Burst, Granny Apple Green
Cardstock: Berry Burst, Basic White, Glorious Gingham DSP
Accessories: Handmade Tag Punch, Stylish Shapes Dies, Petal Park Builder Punch, Adhesive Backed Seasonal Sequins (retired), Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

Today we don't have much planned so I am going to try to get to my stamp table to play. I recently purchased a Christmas Stamp A Stack that I started yesterday but did not get very far with it, I also have lots of laundry to get started so i'm trying to keep it a low keyed day! Shawn always seems to have other plans though! LOL

**************************************
My thoughts today...


Hopefully stamping is included! LOL
Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy




2 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is such a fun, cheerful card! Berry Burst is certainly a happy color and you can never go wrong wtih gingham, in my opinion! Isn't the weather gorgeous? I am thoroughly enjoying the fresh air and NO HUMIDITY!

Carol L said...

I just love this pretty design and wonderful card you created. That sentiment is too much fun and I love the die-cut beneath it as well as those cute flower accents! I didn't open any windows, because it's supposed to get hot again on Monday so I'm just chilling indoors. Have a great weekend and happy anniversary once again! congrats on 33 years together!