Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Thanksgiving Gift

Hello & Happy Sunday!

Today I am dog sitting my 2 little grand puppies which are 4 month old Jack Russell puppies names Dawkins & Shady. They are so cute but you have to watch everything they do! At this stage they chew on almost everything so i'm glad to see Kirsten has gotten them lots of chew toys! I just had them out to potty and they came in and laid on their blanket and now it's nappy time. 


So, while they are taking a snoozer I am gonna share with you alittle something I made yesterday.







I picked up this really good smelling candle at Walmart the last time I was there. It's Mulled Spice and it's as wonderful as any Yankee Candle! I love this scent for this time of year! So I wrapped my candle with some Spice Cake DSP & matching fabric. I also used a big button from the same collection and put a heartfelt thanks saying inside of the button. I hot glued it to the paper and added a rhinestone. The bow is made with the Spice Cake fabric and hot glued to the jar. Once I had that finished I moved on to the Gable Box that SU use to sell. Again I added more Spic Cake DSP layered onto some Pool Party cardstock. My card/tag is 3X3 and attached directly to the box. I'll put some shredded paper inside to hold the candle in place when the time comes to give it as a gift.
Super cute and a nice little thank you gift!


Thanksgiving Box & Candle:

Stamps: Various SU sets
Ink: Soft Suede
Cardstock: Soft Suede, Pool Party, Very Vanilla, Spice Cake DSP
Accessories: Circle Punch, Scallop Border Punch, Rhinestone, MM Brad, Pool Party Ribbon, Spice Cake DSP, Fabric & Button, Hot Glue, 2 Sided Tape

Well, that is all for today!
Thanks for stopping by!
Hope you'll come back again tomorrow for a new week of Merry Monday!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!! :)


~Wendy

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

I'll bet that candle smells as good as it looks! Have fun with the pups.

Carol L said...

What a lovely gift set! Someone will really enjoy receiving this!
The pups are adorable! I'd have to tap into a major energy source just to keep up with one, let alone 2! LOL

JD/ Jill said...

Your gift is a lovely idea...very nicely made...

Your Grand Pups look adorable, I dog sit my grand pup from time to time, Trixie, and she is part Jack Russell, and boy do I remember how she liked to chew. Constantly chewed on my daughter's shoes, she had to make sure she hid everything. But they sure are adorable dogs...I'm pretty crazy over Trixie.

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous, Wendy! You are a brave grandma to watch those two active pups!